GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RIP ACME RACER Larry Lype

Go down 
+5
Fred Kiehl
1993 Roady-man
Krzdimond
DBeaSSt
buickestate
9 posters
AuthorMessage
buickestate
buickestate

RIP ACME RACER Larry Lype Empty
PostSubject: RIP ACME RACER Larry Lype   RIP ACME RACER Larry Lype Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 9:00 pm

We lost one of greats wagon guys. He was a good friend.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=341417

you can leave message on his facebook

https://www.facebook.com/larry.lype?fref=ts

Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: RIP ACME RACER Larry Lype   RIP ACME RACER Larry Lype Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 9:02 pm

Wow. I had heard he was having some health issues. Condolences to his family.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name

PostSubject: Re: RIP ACME RACER Larry Lype   RIP ACME RACER Larry Lype Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 9:18 pm

He definitely loved B body wagons and I am sorry to hear of his passing.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: RIP ACME RACER Larry Lype   RIP ACME RACER Larry Lype Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 9:42 pm

Damn, never easy when someone you know passes. He will be missed.
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: RIP ACME RACER Larry Lype   RIP ACME RACER Larry Lype Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 4:52 am

RIP Larry
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: RIP ACME RACER Larry Lype   RIP ACME RACER Larry Lype Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 8:33 am

Nice guy. His experience will be missed.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: RIP ACME RACER Larry Lype   RIP ACME RACER Larry Lype Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 11:07 am

From all your brothers here at the forum Larry, May you rest in piece...

...and please save some of the rust free parts you find in Heaven for the rest of us (OK, some of us) for when (if) we get there with you.

Dave Buchholz
Rochester NY
aka:  Lakeffect

Last edited by lakeffect on Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: RIP ACME RACER Larry Lype   RIP ACME RACER Larry Lype Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 5:28 pm

Well it has been over a year since Larry left us. He is missed. I never made it to his funeral as I was laid up in bed at the time recovering from an injury myself. Cindy left town shortly after only to return once or twice. The house and all vehicles pretty much just sat there deteriorating.

His name was brought up several times during the recent show at Daytona. He was missed.

His wagons are gone. As are the many parts he had collected. Cindy's son sold the 3 wagons, a Chevy dually and a trailer for about $6k to someone from Lakeland, FL, that gave him a check on a bank from Miami, FL and picked up the vehicles with a trailer from Alabama.....still haven't heard if the check cleared.

Not sure if his wagons will turn up. If you see them, I hope they are in good condition.

RIP.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: RIP ACME RACER Larry Lype   RIP ACME RACER Larry Lype Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 10:47 am

rh96ss wrote:
Well it has been over a year since Larry left us. He is missed. I never made it to his funeral as I was laid up in bed at the time recovering from an injury myself. Cindy left town shortly after only to return once or twice. The house and all vehicles pretty much just sat there deteriorating.

His name was brought up several times during the recent show at Daytona. He was missed.

His wagons are gone. As are the many parts he had collected. Cindy's son sold the 3 wagons, a Chevy dually and a trailer for about $6k to someone from Lakeland, FL, that gave him a check on a bank from Miami, FL and picked up the vehicles with a trailer from Alabama.....still haven't heard if the check cleared.

Not sure if his wagons will turn up. If you see them, I hope they are in good condition.

RIP.

On Sunday at the track I ran into the guy (forgot his name) who has the 'Hurst' wagon Larry built way back when. When he mentioned the car, I of course mentioned Larry, and we talked about him and how much he was missed and that the cars were sitting in the driveway....

I learned alot more than I knew about Larry in that half hour. I knew he raced but wasn't aware of how extensive and widespread his experience was.....yes Larry RIP.

Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: RIP ACME RACER Larry Lype   RIP ACME RACER Larry Lype Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2022 9:25 pm

Looked at his Hurst OCC over the weekend with the intentions of buying it.

Sadly the car has been neglected for years and is a rotting mess that is more aquarium than it is car. Would take a LOT of time and money to bring it back to life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIP ACME RACER Larry Lype   RIP ACME RACER Larry Lype Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RIP ACME RACER Larry Lype
Page 1 of 1