GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What's going on here?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
seanb

What's going on here? Empty
PostSubject: What's going on here?   What's going on here? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 2:11 pm

What's going on here? 0420141103_zpsxnebcyyw

What's going on with this wire? I take it GM wasn't trying to lure female buyers with fancy color wiring and it has something to do with the wire getting hot. I've seen it at the junkyard too. Always the driver's side. As far as I know, everything electric is working in back. I did notice the ground strap that attaches to the driver's side tailpipe was all but gone. Let me know what's going on, because this does seem do be somewhat common. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

PostSubject: Re: What's going on here?   What's going on here? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 2:42 pm

Its for the rear defrost there should be one on the other side hatch strut too.
Back to top Go down
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

PostSubject: Re: What's going on here?   What's going on here? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 3:53 pm

Not sure what exactly the question is but these left and right wires attached to the shocks is correct. If you are wondering about the wire color, it did not overheat, that is just sun fade.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: What's going on here?   What's going on here? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 3:57 pm

It looks like your real issue is the rust at the roof/upper window/D pillar joint. That is not pretty no matter what the wire looks like.
Back to top Go down
seanb

PostSubject: Re: What's going on here?   What's going on here? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 4:16 pm

Thanks everyone.  I was hoping it was just faded and not an issue. I'm hoping to have the rust looked at by my neighbor who does some auto body/painting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's going on here?   What's going on here? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's going on here?
Page 1 of 1