GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

95 LT-1 RMW runs terrible cold.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
64vette

95 LT-1 RMW runs terrible cold. Empty
PostSubject: 95 LT-1 RMW runs terrible cold.   95 LT-1 RMW runs terrible cold. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 2:49 pm

Hello to all. I am new to this forum but I have been a wagon lover many years. I am on my third wagon, my second RMW. It is a 95 LT-1 that is giving me a problem. It has 182,000 miles. The optispark was replaced, along with the wires about 35,000 miles ago. When you drive away and the engine is cold, it seems like it doesn't get enough fuel. It bogs and pops back. The more gas you give it the more it bogs. Then, in just a mile or so it smooths out and runs great. It has no codes or lights. After it is warm, it has a slight hesitation when pulling off from a stoplight. It cranks and idles great cold. If you stop, and let it sit for 30 mins. or so, it will do the same thing. It is not that cold here in North Carolina for it to cool off completely in that short period of time. In a cold start situation, does the computer enrichen the fuel, or is it done mechanically? Is there a possibility that the temp sensor is not sending the correct info to the computer? The temp gauge reads correctly. I haven't checked the fuel pressure because it clears up after only about a mile. I have checked the injectors with an ohmmeter, and they all read about the same. Your ideas please.

Regards,
Dennis
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: 95 LT-1 RMW runs terrible cold.   95 LT-1 RMW runs terrible cold. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:04 am

Welcome! Glad to see someone else from NC. What part are you from? I would suggest changing the coolant temp sensor and see what happens. I had a similar problem on a Fleetwood and that solved the problem.
Back to top Go down
64vette

PostSubject: Re: 95 LT-1 RMW runs terrible cold.   95 LT-1 RMW runs terrible cold. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 9:52 am

I am near Charlotte. I think I will change to temp sensor. Thanks for your reply.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: 95 LT-1 RMW runs terrible cold.   95 LT-1 RMW runs terrible cold. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 9:47 am

Welcome aboard! Another thing to check is the EGR valve. A bad one is known to cause the off idle stumble you mention. Relatively easy to replace too. Not sure that would account for the other issues you mention but at close to 200K it's probably due for replacement anyway. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
64vette

PostSubject: Re: 95 LT-1 RMW runs terrible cold.   95 LT-1 RMW runs terrible cold. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 4:57 pm

Well, I changed the temp sensor at the water pump, the one that reports to the computer. It solved the problem. Buford is running great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 95 LT-1 RMW runs terrible cold.   95 LT-1 RMW runs terrible cold. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

95 LT-1 RMW runs terrible cold.
Page 1 of 1