GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

So Chris spotted a Fleetwood.......and I adopted it.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

So Chris spotted a Fleetwood.......and I adopted it. Empty
PostSubject: So Chris spotted a Fleetwood.......and I adopted it.   So Chris spotted a Fleetwood.......and I adopted it. Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 3:50 pm

So I figured I'd start my own thread now that I have taken over stewardship of the AGF.
I'm at work and REALLY busy with school and getting my trip to Nicaragua on Tuesday set, so don't complain about the lack of photos.

I would like to start out by thanking Chris publicly for taking 11.5 months to sort the car out for me  What a Face.
I do have to get with him to go over some of the finer details of what all he has done to the car as it came out on a faceybook post that it has gotten a slight tune that I was unaware of (but happy none the less).

This was an interesting transaction in that during the sale of the car I never saw Chris in person.  I had seen the car last summer when I went from his house to the Impala Nationals in Charlotte, so I got to ride about 300 miles in it.  At that time I told him to let me know if he was going to sell it.  I figured in a couple of years or so, but he needed to sell it to get another wagon that he traded for a sedan, so I dunno what happened there but I'm not complaining.

Anyway, he let me know when he put it up for sale and we struck a deal about 6 or 7 weeks ago.  I had plans to go to Raleigh, NC last weekend already and was trying to figure out the logistics of a 300 mile side trip on top of the 750 to Raliegh with my limited time.  I had a brilliant idea as one of my friends who was coming to Raleigh lives less than an hour away from Chris.  I made the "Hey man, can you do me a solid favor phone call" and it was set.  

My friend drove it to Raleigh a few days later and dropped it into my care.  I immediately went for a ride to the local gas station and put some juice in it as I knew a BUSY weekend was about to happen.  It was a 5 minute drive through town and the car felt bigger than my wagon somehow.  I brought it back and parked it in the parking garage next to the Blue OCC, so two of Chris' former cars got to meet for the first time, lol.

Fast forward to Monday AM.  I planned to leave Raleigh at 8AM and did well to be on the road by 8:20 as I didn't go to bed until after 3AM.
Ok, first mod on deck:   drive to Charleston to see Ruphraxe and trade out my stock alloys for some stock chromes.  I drove a little slower than I like as the road was full of revenue generating police on a holiday and got to Fred's about an hour later than planned (lost 40 minutes).  It was great to see Fred who was in jovial spirits and working on his '73 Riviera. I also got to meet is his daughter who was very sweet.  The tire swapping went okay, although I made a mistake in not packing my 80lb floor jack along for the trip (I assumed Fred would have one but 100% should have asked him if he did - I won't make that mistake again), we managed okay with a jack he had and the stock Fleetwood jack is waaaaaaaaaaaay nicer than the wagon jack (true scissor jack) so I'll be checking Fleetwood trunks at the boneyard.

A couple hours later I was back on the road and Fred's 79 convertible Coupe Deville (1 of 50 and for sale), has some nice aluminium rims on it now.
The wheels and tires will look so much better when I get to cleaning them up (whitewalls are yellowed from the past years and the chrome needs a buffing).  If anyone has extra chrome wheel caps, I could use two as one is cracked and other kinda banged up.....

I then drove about 5 hours to St. Augustine where I met back up with my wife, daughter, and Oldsmobile.  We camped in a state park, had a nice dinner, lit a campfire, and passed out.  We woke up had breakfast and hit the beach for a couple of hours.  We then split up as I had an assignment for school to do and started home.  Car ran like a top the whole way...

Mod #2 will be window tint.......pics coming when I get back from vacation.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: So Chris spotted a Fleetwood.......and I adopted it.   So Chris spotted a Fleetwood.......and I adopted it. Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 5:52 pm

[Fred's 79 convertible Coupe Deville (1 of 50 and for sale)[/quote]

Wait. What? Fred has a LeCab???
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: So Chris spotted a Fleetwood.......and I adopted it.   So Chris spotted a Fleetwood.......and I adopted it. Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 10:39 pm

Glad you like it!  

Just has a mild tune for the EGR/AIR Pump delete, lower fan temps, speed limiter delete, firmer shifts and adjusted shift points.  

It was a tune I had from my first FWB. (came from a good friend out west with a certain LS7 wagon)

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: So Chris spotted a Fleetwood.......and I adopted it.   So Chris spotted a Fleetwood.......and I adopted it. Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 10:14 pm

So here are a couple of teaser pics I put up on Facebook. Have a few more in the phone, but haven't gotten them out of it yet....

So Chris spotted a Fleetwood.......and I adopted it. Night_zpsfad01404
First night at the sanctuary

So Chris spotted a Fleetwood.......and I adopted it. Cleanwheels_zps5f8ba770
Chrome Stockers will look ALOT better once I polish 'em

So Chris spotted a Fleetwood.......and I adopted it. Tims50_zps203ab6e4
LDM party at Wagondude's 50th birthday party.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So Chris spotted a Fleetwood.......and I adopted it.   So Chris spotted a Fleetwood.......and I adopted it. Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 10:19 pm

Thanks guys,now I am checking CLs for a fleetwood with no vinyl roof!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: So Chris spotted a Fleetwood.......and I adopted it.   So Chris spotted a Fleetwood.......and I adopted it. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2014 7:31 am

brokecello wrote:
Glad you like it!  

Just has a mild tune for the EGR/AIR Pump delete, lower fan temps, speed limiter delete, firmer shifts and adjusted shift points.  

It was a tune I had from my first FWB. (came from a good friend out west with a certain LS7 wagon)

Chris

Cool! did the pass key get deleted out of the tune? i need a second set of keys.....
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: So Chris spotted a Fleetwood.......and I adopted it.   So Chris spotted a Fleetwood.......and I adopted it. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 8:56 am

No, I didn't delete the passkey.

Hey, if you get HotRod...look at last month's issue. You will see a Caddy with a custom rear window (and they say who made the window) Look at the trim around the window....I bet you could buy that trim and make it work with the stock window. It's the same glass....just missing the rubber trim. I always thought I could find generic trim that would work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: So Chris spotted a Fleetwood.......and I adopted it.   So Chris spotted a Fleetwood.......and I adopted it. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 12:04 pm

Love the chrome wheels and the car. Great pics and glad it found a good home!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So Chris spotted a Fleetwood.......and I adopted it.   So Chris spotted a Fleetwood.......and I adopted it. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So Chris spotted a Fleetwood.......and I adopted it.
Page 1 of 1