GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Paint for metal quarter window garnish mouldings

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

Paint for metal quarter window garnish mouldings Empty
PostSubject: Paint for metal quarter window garnish mouldings   Paint for metal quarter window garnish mouldings Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 7:26 pm

Greetings all-

Since I have had to take off the metal garnish mouldings on the wagons quarter windows, Iwant to repaint them. I have already lightly sanded and primed them but now I need to find a paint that matchs the 94-96 camel tan color. Anyone do this?

I have the correct SEM vinyl/plastic paint but am worried about using this over metal as it does not say anywhere that it can be used on metalwork.

Paint for metal quarter window garnish mouldings 1d30c1079768c6cee8b383fd17833e26
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Paint for metal quarter window garnish mouldings   Paint for metal quarter window garnish mouldings Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2014 11:15 pm

You can use if you put a good primer on the part first. I called SEM a while back, and they said it was OK to paint metal with a good primer in place.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Paint for metal quarter window garnish mouldings   Paint for metal quarter window garnish mouldings Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 4:37 pm

Have you checked Lowes/Home Depot for a spray can that matches? In the last few years it seems that the color selection and quality of spray can paint has gone up quite a bit. Failing that, and at a much greater cost, you could go to an auto paint supply store, and I'm sure they could custom mix a color for you from a non faded part.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paint for metal quarter window garnish mouldings   Paint for metal quarter window garnish mouldings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paint for metal quarter window garnish mouldings
Page 1 of 1