GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Spare tire question

Go down 
+3
200OZ
MalibuSSwagon
COL
7 posters
AuthorMessage
COL

COL

Spare tire question Empty
PostSubject: Spare tire question   Spare tire question Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 12:03 pm

Long Roofers,
I have an original small donut size spare tire in my OCC. I am uncomfortable with that set up. I pull a 22' trailer in Baja and the US, and need all the clearance I can get (with full size tires). I want to find a stock wheel and buy a new tire for a spare.
 Question Here is my Question: Will the full size tire and wheel fit in the spare tire well in the back and be able to place the cover over as normal. Thanks.
Dick
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: Spare tire question   Spare tire question Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 12:13 pm

What size tires are you currently running Dick? I also want to replace the mini spare with a full size tire before I start road tripping this summer.
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Spare tire question   Spare tire question Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 12:16 pm

Yes a full sized spare will fit in the factory place, and the cover fits as it should, I have a 237/70/15 spare in my BRMW. They are a real pain to pull out of that well though.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Spare tire question   Spare tire question Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 1:29 pm

Hi Dick

As Mike (200OZ) said, they'll fit, but they are a struggle to get out; but you don't have to do it that often. Both my wagons have full size spares.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Spare tire question   Spare tire question Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 2:38 pm

I  have a 225/75/15 in the White Elephant. It fits easily, and I can get it out with the strap that goes under it.
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: Spare tire question   Spare tire question Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 5:08 pm

Cool, I have 225/75-15's on the OCC now, so I was planning to get a matching one soon before my trip to wagonfest.
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: Spare tire question   Spare tire question Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 11:17 am

Thanks All. I have 225/75-15's on the OCC. I was watching a slow leak last week and finally took it in to be fixed. It had a roofing nail in it. The main highway 1 in Baja is very narrow with few pullouts. A flat would have been very messy pulling our Airstream. I will look for a wheel and tire when we get back to the US next week.

Dick
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Spare tire question   Spare tire question Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 12:23 pm

200OZ wrote:
Yes a full sized spare will fit in the factory place, and the cover fits as it should, I have a 237/70/15 spare in my BRMW. They are a real pain to pull out of that well though.

Where do you find the 237 tires, I have looked everywhere for them!!  Shocked Laughing Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Spare tire question   Spare tire question Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 1:04 pm

COL wrote:
Thanks All.  I have 225/75-15's on the OCC.  I was watching a slow leak last week and finally took it in to be fixed.  It had a roofing nail in it.  The main highway 1 in Baja is very narrow with few pullouts.  A flat would have been very messy pulling our Airstream.  I will look for a wheel and tire when we get back to the US next week.

Dick

Dick,I would carry at least 2 spares for the wagon and trailer anytime I left the US for mexico in the trailer storage compartment somewhere just to be safe.
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: Spare tire question   Spare tire question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 6:11 pm

Have you seen my trailer. No room for two spares. The Baja Trans-Peninsular high way is actually a good road. We are back in the States now. Prescott AZ. Have to move on in the morning as the camp ground is full of reserved sites. Heading North to beat the heat.

Dick
Flasheroo wrote:
COL wrote:
Thanks All.  I have 225/75-15's on the OCC.  I was watching a slow leak last week and finally took it in to be fixed.  It had a roofing nail in it.  The main highway 1 in Baja is very narrow with few pullouts.  A flat would have been very messy pulling our Airstream.  I will look for a wheel and tire when we get back to the US next week.

Dick

Dick,I would carry at least 2 spares for the wagon and trailer anytime I left the US for mexico in the trailer storage compartment somewhere just to be safe.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Spare tire question   Spare tire question Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 11:58 pm

mount the spares on the A frame of the hitch. or on the roof of the wagon daktari style.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spare tire question   Spare tire question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spare tire question
Page 1 of 1