GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Seat Belt Buckle Replacement '96 RMW

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bocoogto

Seat Belt Buckle Replacement '96 RMW Empty
PostSubject: Seat Belt Buckle Replacement '96 RMW   Seat Belt Buckle Replacement '96 RMW Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 6:23 pm

What is the easiest way to get the old seat belt buckles off the belts and install replacements? I have a '96 RMW that the front belt buckles have the plastic trim missing. I have two nice metal buckles from a junkyard that I'd like to use.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Seat Belt Buckle Replacement '96 RMW   Seat Belt Buckle Replacement '96 RMW Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 9:12 pm

There is a white plastic bar at the back of the buckle, that can be pried out (since you are discarding it, do not worry about damage). You can then remove the crossbar, and subsequently the belt.

The metal buckles can be taken apart by prying with a screw driver a the "square" end. It is difficult, and holding it carefully is important, so that you do not stab yourself in the hand. Once you get the top off, you can reassemble it with the belt in place. With the angled top part over the front of the bottom, and the square part on top of the rear, I have put a cloth on top of it, and stomped on it with a rubber heel shoe. It should just pop back into place. If you want me to take some demo pics, send me your email.

If you have a tan interior, and would like to keep it stock, I have some tan plastic capped buckles in excellent condition.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Seat Belt Buckle Replacement '96 RMW   Seat Belt Buckle Replacement '96 RMW Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 10:49 am

I'm missing two of those caps in my '96 Roadmaster. Dark red....if you have any of those Fred!
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Seat Belt Buckle Replacement '96 RMW   Seat Belt Buckle Replacement '96 RMW Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 5:56 pm

I have two ruby red plastic buckles. I do not recommend trying to remove the plastic part from the buckle. It is better to replace the whole buckle. The covers are brittle, and will usually break. I would like $25 for a pair. PM me.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Seat Belt Buckle Replacement '96 RMW   Seat Belt Buckle Replacement '96 RMW Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 10:53 am

Let me look at mine and see if I'm brave enough to try to get the buckle off the belts Fred. Wink
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Seat Belt Buckle Replacement '96 RMW   Seat Belt Buckle Replacement '96 RMW Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 6:08 pm

The white bar has two nubs on it that fit in slots on the metal part. If you pry under it, you can slide it away from the back of the buckle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seat Belt Buckle Replacement '96 RMW   Seat Belt Buckle Replacement '96 RMW Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seat Belt Buckle Replacement '96 RMW
Page 1 of 1