GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Swapping a '91 electronic climate control for a '93.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
schmalexander

schmalexander

Swapping a '91 electronic climate control for a '93. Empty
PostSubject: Swapping a '91 electronic climate control for a '93.   Swapping a '91 electronic climate control for a '93. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 3:46 pm

On the 91' RMW climate control you don't get to choose where the air blows, no "Mode" button, its an Ext temp button, Rolling Eyes, so it just changes modes at certain temps, lower temps get middle, 70's gets bi-level, and above 80ish its floor. I noticed that they fixed that in the next model year. so is it possible to just swap one of those in so i can get to choose, and would i have to get anything else than just the ccu?

Thanks! - Alex
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Swapping a '91 electronic climate control for a '93.   Swapping a '91 electronic climate control for a '93. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 4:40 pm

You should check the wiring diagrams for the different years before trying to change the units. The vacuum manifold may have different wiring/porting for the level control vanes. I am not sure what the modes are, but the only modes that I know of are AC and fresh air.

I have a 91 OCC, and the CC on auto does a nice job of keeping the interior temp comfortable at all times. If you get the FSM or Owners Manual, you may find that it will do all of the things you need it to do. Other than controlling it, I do not know what you want to achieve. The auto function is designed to set it and forget it. If you want the system to run on full cold with recirculating air, run the temp to its maximum cold, and push the button again. Other than that, it will keep the inside air at the temperature you set it at in auto.
Back to top Go down
schmalexander

schmalexander

PostSubject: Re: Swapping a '91 electronic climate control for a '93.   Swapping a '91 electronic climate control for a '93. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 6:37 pm

Yeah i'll definitely have to look into those diagrams, ive got the fsm and such. the only thing im hoping to do is be able to control where the air blows (floor, bi-level, middle, etc.), Im assuming that's what that "mode" button does on the 92/93 ones. But if its not easy to do then its not worth it, mine works just fine minus low coolant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swapping a '91 electronic climate control for a '93.   Swapping a '91 electronic climate control for a '93. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swapping a '91 electronic climate control for a '93.
Page 1 of 1