GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Turn Signal Flasher

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Turn Signal Flasher Empty
PostSubject: Turn Signal Flasher   Turn Signal Flasher Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 10:22 pm

Just to share, last night coming back from the cruise-in driving the Roady on the highway, I went to change lanes and had no turn signals. ? First time I've ever had that happen.

I took an exit to make sure all my normal lights worked, and yes, headlights, taillights, brake lights, markers, and all were fine. I also noticed that when I used the turn signal lever, the cornering lights still lit up, but nothing else did. Hmm. My emergency flashers still worked too.

I stopped at Autozone, thankfully open until 11pm, and picked up a new signal flasher for $6.99. Got home and laid down under the steering wheel, squeezed the two trim clips and lowered the hush-panel, and there the flashers were, where the fusebox on most cars sits. I turned on the emergency flashers to determine which was which, and swapped out the signal flasher. Thankfully that DID fix me, and I had signals again.

I looked at the dead flasher, and it was a lot longer than the new on. Printed on the side was EXTRA LOUD. Ha! I had no idea they made an EXTRA LOUD flasher. Hahahaha. I sure didn't put that in. The new flasher can still be heard, but it is both quieter and flashes a little faster...fine with me.

Anyway...interesting. Just though I'd share.

-Mike

Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

Turn Signal Flasher Empty
PostSubject: Re: Turn Signal Flasher   Turn Signal Flasher Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 2:17 pm

thanks for sharing. I have the same thing now.
Back to top Go down

Turn Signal Flasher
Page 1 of 1