GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small...

Go down 
+3
Olds Weighty Eight
bamalongroof
Studebricker
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Studebricker

Studebricker

94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small... Empty
PostSubject: 94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small...   94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 7:16 pm

Hey guys, I've been mostly lurking around here since I first bought my 94 Roadmaster about a year and a half ago. I've just been collecting ideas and making plans while saving up some cash.  But recently I've been able to begin upgrading my daily driver wagon with a few things to make what seems like the most common of Roady wagons, the white and tan combo, a little less common...

Step one was to FINALLY tint those darn windows.  The heat is bad enough in Texas, but I was starting to detect a bit of fading on the tops of the door panels.  So limo tint-ify, and this is what I ended up with...

hmmm, okay I guess the icon to post pics from our computers doesn't work or am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: 94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small...   94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 7:36 pm

You need a host site like photobucket and then insert the image tag with or without using the icon. Looking forward to the photos.Jeff
Back to top Go down
Studebricker

Studebricker

PostSubject: Re: 94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small...   94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 7:58 pm

Last edited by Studebricker on Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:30 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: 94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small...   94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 9:01 pm

The links need to be in this format to display here:

[img.]http://your pic URL here[/img]

Just leave the period out of the brackets that I added.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: 94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small...   94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 10:27 am

Back to top Go down
Studebricker

Studebricker

PostSubject: Re: 94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small...   94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 4:53 pm

test...

94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small... 14990672966_50b1a32f92_z_d

okay guys it worked this time, but this time I downloaded the photo.  the instructions don't say that, just to right click on the pic to get the url and add the img things on either end. ANYhoo... now I know.

Last edited by Studebricker on Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: 94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small...   94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 7:47 pm

Flickr test.

94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small... 541130649_ee3948e862_b

Last edited by Olds Weighty Eight on Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: 94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small...   94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 7:51 pm

It works. I just randomly selected someone's Flikr photo and posted the image here using the image tags. This user has Downloads enabled so that gave me the proper link to the Jpeg image.
Back to top Go down
Studebricker

Studebricker

PostSubject: Re: 94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small...   94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 7:54 pm

okay, sorry about all that.  Anyway, back to the car.  So after getting the windows tinted, I wanted to get rid of the stand up hood ornament and white out the grille.  I found an ornament off a new Buick that was a pretty good size so I went with that.  The ordeal was masking off the cross bars in the grille so they would stay black while I painted the vertical bars white.  There is probably an easier way to accomplish that, but I couldn't come up with it, so I did it the hard way -- about a hundred or so tiny pieces of masking tape!  Turned out pretty good though I think.  Next on the list is new blackwall tires and, due to limited funds, I think I am going to just blackout my Buick rims, since I'm going for a total black and white exterior by the time I'm finished. Eventually I will get some bigger rims, but that will hold me over for a while...

94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small... 15013298932_d97c8db93f_z_d
Back to top Go down
Dutch Pete

Dutch Pete

PostSubject: Re: 94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small...   94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 1:43 pm

looking good !!
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: 94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small...   94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 6:39 pm

nice and clean look
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: 94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small...   94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2014 10:09 pm

The grill looks worth the effort....
Back to top Go down
Studebricker

Studebricker

PostSubject: Re: 94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small...   94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 10:38 pm

Thanks guys!

So now I am beginning to remove all my trim so I can get at the wood with my heat gun. I saw a sort of tutorial on the impala ss site and it helped, but it didn't cover the lower trim in detail. I pulled the stainless off the clip deals alright, but the actual clips have two little black square peg looking things in each one, and I'm not sure if I should try to pull those, or pull the white clip off of those and they stay? On Brokacello's wagon, it looked like he was able to pivot the clips sideways, but I do not see the black pegs on his car. Are the 94s different in that regard? Thanks for any information. I can post a photo later if needed...
Back to top Go down
nstg8r

PostSubject: Re: 94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small...   94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 11:52 am

Looks good, a lot of guys will paint their b and c pillars black after they tint the windows. It makes the windows feel like all one unit instead of being broken up by body color. I will be doing this to my wagon too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small...   94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

94 "Roady" upgrades, starting small...
Page 1 of 1