GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PCM reprogramming ideas

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jon7190

jon7190

PCM reprogramming ideas Empty
PostSubject: PCM reprogramming ideas   PCM reprogramming ideas Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 11:30 am

I'm planning on pulling the PCM and sending it out for reprogramming. The impetus is that AIR pump system is throwing a code and I can't find anything wrong with it. So I figure I will do the AIR pump delete. While I'm at it, I'll have them do a few other things like tweak it for better power and MPG and not have the locks lock when you put it in drive.

What PCM outfit is the best to work with?
What ideas do you all have for things to reprogram?
Back to top Go down
nstg8r

PostSubject: Re: PCM reprogramming ideas   PCM reprogramming ideas Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 11:33 am

If you have electric fans, you could have them programmed to come on at a lower temperature.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: PCM reprogramming ideas   PCM reprogramming ideas Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 2:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

These are two I have used. I worked on my shift points and line pressures with a fellow member and had my 4L60E shifting softly as light throttle and gradually got firmer as I put my foot into it. Have the VATS removed, speed limiter removed...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PCM reprogramming ideas   PCM reprogramming ideas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PCM reprogramming ideas
Page 1 of 1