GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Forgotten

Go down 
+9
Olds Weighty Eight
sswagon
bamalongroof
Andebe
BigBlackBeaSSt
Sprocket
silverfox103
lakeffect
ShamelessTR
13 posters
AuthorMessage
ShamelessTR

ShamelessTR

The Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: The Forgotten   The Forgotten Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 7:30 am

So I just picked up a 1994 Buick RMW, for literally nothing. A lost and forgotten old wagon parked under a tree. "Oh, that old thing? You can have it. Transmission is blown up." ... Since dragging it from it's early grave we've both been through a lot. Driving my Wagon around draws attention I did not even begin to expect. I see a few others here and there and it makes me smile like never before. I love my Roadmaster, and I hope I can find everything I need to keep her on the road for years to come.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

The Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten   The Forgotten Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 8:18 am

There is no shame is driving around in a wagon. Consider it a badge of honor.

(time for the rest of you clowns to insert your "woodie " jokes here)

Maybe we'll see you in Virginia later this month at the Mid-Atlantic Wagonfest.

Dave
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

The Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten   The Forgotten Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 8:27 am

Glad you made it over here! We have fun over here.

Good idea to put your location on your signature and we also have a map that may be helpful:

https://maps.google.com/maps/u/0/ms?msid=200177172410287674085.0004c373599794566890e&msa=0&ll=27.311994,-80.321045&spn=0.662561,1.344452&dg=feature

Tom
Back to top Go down
ShamelessTR

ShamelessTR

The Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten   The Forgotten Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 8:42 am

Thanks. I will do that. As for making it back to VA in the near future is allright. I grew up in VaB. Graduated HS in Spotsy... And let me clarify... I feel no shame driving around a wagon... I just wasn't ready for the attention is all. And I'm having a heaping helping of "wagon only" problems currently. Ha. And just overall problems. This was my first OptiSpark replacement... And after being fearful of them for years... I was amazed at it's simplicity. Ha. Anyway when I can I'll work on getting some pictures posted.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

The Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten   The Forgotten Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 8:55 am

Welcome aboard. As for attention, I've had a number of attention getting cars over the years and am still surprised by the attention that these wagons generate.

Case and point: There was a local car show the other night and my departure happened to coincide with many of the show cars leaving. At a light I had the owner of a 1st gen Malibu SS vert, have me roll down my window so he could tell me how nice my wagon was and what year was it, etc.

Always nice to get attention like that Smile, Only thing that was better was bikini clad girls at the beach wanting to pose with it and my surfboard (they never sent me pics like the promised Sad )
Back to top Go down
ShamelessTR

ShamelessTR

The Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten   The Forgotten Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 9:08 am

Aww... Id be upset about not getting those pictures too. Thanks for the welcome. I think I'll like it here. Pretty sure it's Tom's fault I'm here at all. Love to find a hoard of Wagon lovers like myself.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

The Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten   The Forgotten Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 9:45 am

Welcome to the forum. You have found that hoard of Kook's you were looking for.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

The Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten   The Forgotten Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 10:09 am

Cant beat free! From one "kook" to another,welcome.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

The Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten   The Forgotten Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 11:05 am

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Welcome to the forum.  You have found that hoard of Kook's you were looking for.

HEY TIM!  WHO YOU CALLING US A HOARD!  "Kooks" we're OK with.
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

The Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten   The Forgotten Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 1:45 pm

Welcome to the forum now to get out and replace my radiator..... Jeff
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

The Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten   The Forgotten Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 1:54 pm

lakeffect wrote:
BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Welcome to the forum.  You have found that hoard of Kook's you were looking for.

HEY TIM!  WHO YOU CALLING US A HOARD!  "Kooks" we're OK with.

Forgot, Dave and his friends are a flock!
Back to top Go down
sswagon

sswagon

The Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten   The Forgotten Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 3:58 pm

You think you see all the attention your wagon gets? Try this. When you're driving down the road, just look at every one else around you, then you'll see the real attention it truly gets. People standing on the street are watching your wagon drive by, they're checking out your wagon while your stopped at a traffic light, the oncoming cars are desperately trying to get a glimpse before they have to look at it in the rear view mirror. And then there's the catching up to you on the freeway and roadways just to give you the thumbs up. Get used to it because this is now a part of your life. You have now found a family you can relate to and that can relate to you. This forum has everything you need to take your wagon over the top or just make it a clean daily driver. Welcome. Paul
Back to top Go down
ShamelessTR

ShamelessTR

The Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten   The Forgotten Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 4:18 pm

Thanks everyone. I tend to stay focused on the road when driving, but I already had a guy wave me down in traffic to ask me what year it was. Another guy in a gull wing Mercedes pulled up next to me checking it out, when he realized he was caught he got a big grin and started nodding. I've always driven Wagon-esk cars... Suburbans, Blazers, an HHR, was thinking about a strecth 57 Apache Carryall... and even an old turbo hatchback Civic, but this is definitely my first bonified Wagon and I highly doubt it's going anywhere soon. Except maybe down to VA.
Back to top Go down
sswagon

sswagon

The Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten   The Forgotten Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 4:25 pm

Hope to see you down there.
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

The Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten   The Forgotten Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 5:40 pm

Welcome. Always nice to hear that someone saved a great car that had been left for dead. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
ShamelessTR

ShamelessTR

The Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten   The Forgotten Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 6:21 pm

Trying to post a picture. Hmm...
Back to top Go down
nstg8r

The Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten   The Forgotten Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 8:09 pm

Welcome to the forum!!! You're right, these cars get a lot of attention and spark lots of conversation.
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

The Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten   The Forgotten Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 8:51 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
cbshea13

cbshea13

The Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten   The Forgotten Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 8:16 am

Welcome aboard! Great to see another PA'er!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

The Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten   The Forgotten Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 9:09 am

If you paint the car a really bright color,..and add some shiny wheels,. it seems to appeal to all ages,.
and all genre's of auto enthusiasts.. from ricers to rat rodders,..

With the resurgence of retro type cars in the last few years,.I wonder if one of the car companies will build another wagon,..i,m sure it would be popular,.IF it was economical,.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

The Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten   The Forgotten Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 9:31 am

Wasn't there vsome published pics of a new rear wheel drive GM wagon here somewhere?
Back to top Go down
ShamelessTR

ShamelessTR

The Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten   The Forgotten Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 3:59 pm

Thanks for the tip phantom. I had more than a few plans to paint it purple. It would be an excellent tribute to the old man who bought the Wagon before he passed.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

The Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten   The Forgotten Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 7:05 pm

where outside of philly are u. i am in ne philly by franklin mills mall
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
ShamelessTR

ShamelessTR

The Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten   The Forgotten Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 7:29 pm

I know Franklin Mills well. Im just northeast of the city in the burbs. Right off 276.

Went to the Yard today and lucked out to find an old wagon fairly complete. Got most of the parts that were bothering me, but now I wish I had grabbed more. The donor vehicle had the little speakers in the door handle cover, but mine did not... But it certainly had the connector, and plugged right in... Worked even. Now I wish I had grabbed all four. They were beige, but I bet I could have had a paint guy turn that into wood grain... Damn.
Back to top Go down
ShamelessTR

ShamelessTR

The Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten   The Forgotten Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 9:02 pm

MtrHead, if you do run up to Harry's in Pennsburg, I'd ask you to take a peek for the other three door handle trims from that Wagon... Pay you whatever the Yard wants plus a few dollars for your trouble. Just an fyi.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

The Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten   The Forgotten Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 9:30 pm

harry s web site says they have 4 caprice in our age group and 1 roady.
pennsburg says they have 2 roadys. i am notsure where i am going but i will look for them wherever i go. you need 94 -96 roady all but drivers is this right? what color? i dont think the rear ones come with speakers but not sure i dont have a roady
Back to top Go down
ShamelessTR

ShamelessTR

The Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten   The Forgotten Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 9:36 pm

I got a beige one. I went to the Pennsburg one. No clue what the Allentown one has. Yeah it's 94-96. My interior is blue, but if you find beige ones Ill be cool. All but the passenger door.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

The Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten   The Forgotten Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 9:39 pm

ok i will keep a eye out trying to figure where i am going
Back to top Go down
ShamelessTR

ShamelessTR

The Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten   The Forgotten Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 7:55 pm

I swiss cheesed the stock air box I got from the Yard yesterday tonight at work. Cut it up so it's hard to tell it's been messed with and installed it. The butt dyno says way more power, and the added induction note is a pleasant bonus.
Back to top Go down
ShamelessTR

ShamelessTR

The Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten   The Forgotten Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 8:42 pm

A little progress report... I got my keyless fob today and after a little bit of hell I found the programming connector, and now the old girl has keyless. Battery cables from Gary at Innovative Wiring arrived today as well... but it was a little too dark to install them in the street after I got off work... Flushed my radiator today, which needed it in the worst way... (I pulled the petcock with. Full system and nothing came out... used a flat head and just ran water through until it came out clear.) Was going to get the heater core done as well... but I couldn't manage to get both hoses disconnected in a way where I'd be able to flush it. Oh well... Next time. Also did the TB bypass since I had it all apart... Overall today was productive. I'll get those sweet wires on tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
ShamelessTR

ShamelessTR

The Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten   The Forgotten Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 7:11 pm

photo 20140921_115708_zps147109e3.jpg

First time under the hood photo 20140921_115721_zps4611428c.jpg

Miles photo 20140922_220902_zps8f7b7e54.jpg

Blown up trans you say? photo 20140921_122427_zpsf381fddb.jpg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Forgotten Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Forgotten   The Forgotten Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Forgotten
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum