HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

adding pw antenna

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mtrhead79

PostSubject: adding pw antenna   Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:58 pm

i put a pw antenna in my wagon when it was all apart but never wired it up. i am trying to do it now i plugged it in under the hood and went to fuse panel on the side of the dash there is no fuse. there is one connector that is hot but the other connector (other side of fuse) is not there. do i have to put a wire there and do you know if the relay is in the car to make it work. its weird the plug for the pwr is at the ant but not in fuse box. i am going to look fsm and see where the relay is. any help would be appreciated. oh its a 94 caprice
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: adding pw antenna   Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:27 pm

i searched over the impala site seen plenty of problems with the pw antennas but know one changing from non pwr to pw antenna

i looked up where the relay is it is in the inter under the dash they call it the ip convenience center. my wagon does not have one located there. i will have to see if wiring is there next.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: adding pw antenna   Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:49 pm

i dont see any wiring for the relay. i think i will go to the jy and see if i can look at a car that came with a pw antenna, if i have to yank out there wireing. the strange part is it looks like the plug at the antenna goes to the relay in the fsm wiring book, i would like to know where the other end is in my car.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: adding pw antenna   Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:32 pm

went to jy today and found a 94 roady wagon . i got all the wiring i need {hopefully}. i had to pull most of the dash to get it. it runs from pass side kick panel under the glove box then up over the radio then over the steering colum to ip convenience center where the relay is. then a orange wire runs over to the fuse box i think it is #26 spot. from the relay is a green wire that runs to the radio harness i guess that is the trigger wire for the relay.  i will post some pics of harness tomorrow. when i put the harness in i will not be running it the factory way. dont want to pull dash out so i will run it the easiest out of the way i can. the only ? left is, the wires on my car that the antenna plugged into. hopefully they are in the inter .
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: adding pw antenna   Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:12 pm

good & bad news. got it all in and kinda working. i had a pw antenna sitting around for 2yrs when i 1st got it i tested it and worked. this year when putting car back to gether i installed it. well after all that wiring the antenna is bad and wont work. relay works and send power  to antenna, anyway here are some pics.

relay and wiring

orange is fuse wire black is ground and the green is trigger from radio

this is where the wires from antenna go to in the pass kick panel

this is plug from yard that i removed the pw antenna wires and added them to my car
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: adding pw antenna   Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:59 am

If it's a wiring issue I have an entire under dash harness from a RMW with power antenna that might be of some help.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: adding pw antenna   Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:32 pm

thanks dave but i got mine from a roady already.the wiring went great but just a bad antenna mtr but i will pickup one at wf
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: adding pw antenna   Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:03 pm

I need a pwr antenna too,. the coat hanger is a little too retro,.
Back to top Go down
yakko

PostSubject: Re: adding pw antenna   Fri May 29, 2015 9:02 pm

Yea,
My coat hanger broke in the car wash. I had to get a real antenna. Surprised
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: adding pw antenna   Fri May 29, 2015 11:31 pm

Since the weather has warmed up I needed my coat hanger back for my coat!
Back to top Go down
sswagon

PostSubject: Re: adding pw antenna   Sat May 30, 2015 4:46 pm

I need an after market antenna. When I did the paint I was smart enough to weld the antenna hole over because I thought it would look cool and didn't do any research first. (mistake not to be made twice) The after market antenna I have is poor at best. I think it's a Metra or something like that. It's a shame to have a nice system and only a CD player because the AM/FM sucks.
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: adding pw antenna   Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:50 pm

After reading this thread, think I'll keep the fixed mast antenna that's part of my Caprice. My Roady has the electric unit and it works as it should, but I rarely listen to any tunes when I drive.
My antenna in the Chevy still needs to be replaced as the former owner hit something with it. I straightened the mast pretty good, but the base is in need of replacement.
Anyone have a fixed mast antenna assembly for sale?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: adding pw antenna   

Back to top Go down

adding pw antenna
Page 1 of 1