GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Secondary fan only?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
94GreatWhite

Secondary fan only? Empty
PostSubject: Secondary fan only?   Secondary fan only? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 11:50 am

I'm in the process of converting my 1994 caprice wagon to an electric primary fan. My question is would I be ok to drive to work with only the secondary fan working. I do not live in the city or in stop or go traffic.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Secondary fan only?   Secondary fan only? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 1:09 pm

Yes, providing your secondary is working OK.

Tom
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Secondary fan only?   Secondary fan only? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 7:20 pm

Secondary fans usually come on at higher temps than does the primary fan, about 10-15* higher.
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: Secondary fan only?   Secondary fan only? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2017 9:53 pm

Resurrecting this old post instead of starting a new one for the same questions.  I'm converting the 1996 Caprice wagon to all electric fans, and want to do so as above, in two stages.

What is a quick test to confirm proper operation of the secondary electric fan before relying on it to temporarily provide cooling until I get the new primary fan and shroud installed?

Last edited by dmg4 on Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: Secondary fan only?   Secondary fan only? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2017 10:44 pm

Turn on your AC after a cold start. Secondary fan should come on regardless of temperature. Turn AC off, fan should shut off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Secondary fan only?   Secondary fan only? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Secondary fan only?
Page 1 of 1