GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another dumb question...... speaker size.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak

Another dumb question...... speaker size. Empty
PostSubject: Another dumb question...... speaker size.   Another dumb question...... speaker size. Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 3:17 pm

On my recent 1,000 mile round-trip to Southern California in the Way Back Machine, I got pretty tired of the sketchy radio offerings (and sound) I was forced to listen to on the highways and byways......

We have Sat radio in the wifey-mobile, and I'd like to get that. I could get a FREE Sat radio box from Sirius XM that transmits a low-power FM signal to an unused frequency on the stock radio, but that still doesn't give me good sound, or some of the really nice features you can get on modern equipment. I'm going to upgrade to a modern head unit and new speakers in the near future. The part of the dash where the radio sits has a nice, shiny black plastic plate behind it now, so a new unit with a gloss or semi-gloss black bezel should blend in pretty well.

I know the rear speaker size in the D pillars is 4x10, but I'm not sure on the fronts, in the outer ends of the dash. Does anyone know the size, for sure? 4.5"? 5"? 4x6?

Another dumb question...... speaker size. 184583_531476610205618_2031329707_n

Left dash speaker (looking through windshield)
Another dumb question...... speaker size. 10299964_892302570789685_63955817033346425_n
Back to top Go down
steel-and-fire

Another dumb question...... speaker size. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another dumb question...... speaker size.   Another dumb question...... speaker size. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 1:52 pm

I think the dash speakers are 3.5. I hope they are anyway. I bought these a few weeks ago to replace my both since one stopped working:http://www.amazon.com/Kicker-40CS354-4-Ohm-2-Way-Speakers/dp/B00BGRMED2#productDetails

Haven't installed them yet.

Mine's an 89, but I'm pretty sure they are the same speaker size.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/weltallid123

Another dumb question...... speaker size.
Page 1 of 1