GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Factory Radio with Aux Jack for iPod

Go down 
+2
harrisons13
rjathon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rjathon

rjathon

Factory Radio with Aux Jack for iPod  Empty
PostSubject: Factory Radio with Aux Jack for iPod    Factory Radio with Aux Jack for iPod  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 4:21 pm

Back to top Go down
rjathon

rjathon

PostSubject: Re: Factory Radio with Aux Jack for iPod    Factory Radio with Aux Jack for iPod  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 12:23 am

They will also install an aux jack on your existing radio for $55 + return shipping.

http://factoryradioservice.com/index.php

Here is a nice video on how to remove and install a radio:

https://youtu.be/U_-ECgi1_ag

Russ
Back to top Go down
rjathon

rjathon

PostSubject: Factory Radio with Aux Jack Installed and Working Well   Factory Radio with Aux Jack for iPod  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 1:04 pm

Factory Radio with Aux Jack for iPod  3813478384_qHJSQ5p-D

Here it is plugged in to my iPad. It sounds much better than when using the cassette adapter.

Russ
Back to top Go down
harrisons13

harrisons13

PostSubject: Re: Factory Radio with Aux Jack for iPod    Factory Radio with Aux Jack for iPod  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2015 10:41 pm

I kinda want to get a stock radio with an aux jack. 115 didnt sound too bad, id have to get one in the older style though for it to fit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkqi6xKihlvfX82nZ3nmCHQ?view_as
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Factory Radio with Aux Jack for iPod    Factory Radio with Aux Jack for iPod  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 11:00 am

Great mod...
Back to top Go down
Brandt51

Brandt51

PostSubject: Re: Factory Radio with Aux Jack for iPod    Factory Radio with Aux Jack for iPod  Icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 7:49 pm

This is pretty legit. How does it sound with an iPod or iPhone? Does it work as soon as you plug in the device and auto plays?
Back to top Go down
rjathon

rjathon

PostSubject: Re: Factory Radio with Aux Jack for iPod    Factory Radio with Aux Jack for iPod  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2017 8:02 am

It autoplays as soon as you plug it in and it sounds great.

There is no reason to put in an aftermarket radio.
Back to top Go down
harrisons13

harrisons13

PostSubject: Re: Factory Radio with Aux Jack for iPod    Factory Radio with Aux Jack for iPod  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 2:17 pm

Hmm, interesting! Now that I have a 96 I'll have to get it! My cassette broke and my CD is the only thing that works. My friends are mad the "aux" doesn't work anymore so I'll have to get this haha.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkqi6xKihlvfX82nZ3nmCHQ?view_as
rjathon

rjathon

PostSubject: Re: Factory Radio with Aux Jack for iPod    Factory Radio with Aux Jack for iPod  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 4:41 pm

You will be very happy. I joke with my friends that the ONLY technology that our beautiful wagons lack is the ability to play from an ipod. The "aux" jack is the only "mod" that matters...ha ha.

You will be amazed by how great the original soundsysten sounds with it.
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: Factory Radio with Aux Jack for iPod    Factory Radio with Aux Jack for iPod  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 5:33 pm

Interesting. That's the same radio my daily driver Century has. I wonder how hard it is to wire that aux jack in myself. Wonder what components they use....
Back to top Go down
Haze5736

PostSubject: Re: Factory Radio with Aux Jack for iPod    Factory Radio with Aux Jack for iPod  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2017 6:16 am

Brandt51 wrote:
This is pretty legit. How does it sound with an iPod or iPhone? Does it work as soon as you plug in the device and auto plays?

I purchased one and it sounds good enough. It seems that my phone does not output a strong enough signal for this radio. I have to turn the radio volume way up to get to a normal listening volume. And that's with the phone volume all the way up. I do not have the same problem in my other car with an aftermarket radio with aux input using the same phone.

As a bonus I found out that my replacement radio plays mp3 cds. I don't know if my original did. I never thought to try since I assumed it was too old. Cds, even mp3 cds sound way better than my phone connected to the aux input. I'm slightly disappointed considering how much the replacement cost me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Factory Radio with Aux Jack for iPod    Factory Radio with Aux Jack for iPod  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Factory Radio with Aux Jack for iPod
Page 1 of 1