GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wagon Fest beer trade

Go down 
+11
BigBlackBeaSSt
a1awind
Wagon Collector
Cadet57
Bewber
Krzdimond
buickestate
jayoldschool
lakeffect
phantom 309
Sprocket
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

Wagon Fest beer trade Empty
PostSubject: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 10:26 pm

I believe this was talked about last year. I know Paul and Pat want some of the Jimmy Buffet beer (Land Shark) so I'm starting a thread to see who wants to trade regional beers at the 'fest

If you have a good regional brew and would like to try something from some other part of the country then let's get this rolling Smile
In my area we have a lot of Caribbean beers that might not be available in some places. No real Florida microbrews aside from the mentioned Land Shark and that's brewed closer to Krzidimond than me (Jax, FL).

So post requests for beers wanted and beers offered for trade. I'm sure there will be a separate thread for parts as well.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 10:30 pm

Sprocket wrote:
I believe this was talked about last year. I know Paul and Pat want some of the Jimmy Buffet beer (Land Shark) so I'm starting a thread to see who wants to trade regional beers at the 'fest

If you have a good regional brew and would like to try something from some other part of the country then let's get this rolling Smile
In my area we have a lot of Caribbean beers that might not be available in some places. No real Florida microbrews aside from the mentioned Land Shark and that's brewed closer to Krzidimond than me (Jax, FL).

So post requests for beers wanted and beers offered for trade. I'm sure there will be a separate thread for parts as well.

don't trade any beer for anything kevin (wagon collector) has,. he brought some foul tasting iron stuff one time,. tasted like it came of a foundry all right,..

Nick
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 5:18 pm

We had talked about it last year, but it never got off the ground.

I'm in on it for this year. I already owe Phantom 309 (Nick) some Coronas and will add some local stuff to my purchase.

Some general instructions should be:

1) posting an official " 2K10 Wagonfest Beer Swap " sign,

2) "Take one , Leave one behind"

3) NOT EMPTY!

Anyone with artistic talent is welcome to create and post up a sign or link to that sign that those interested in taking part can print out. Then stick it on their donor case at WF2K10.

Last edited by lakeffect on Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 5:52 pm

I'm in Jax, but not 21 yet. lol

Boo
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 5:57 pm

Keep driving after Wagonfest. 19 in Ontario, and 18 in Quebec. Montreal has some very entertaining places for a guy your age.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 6:07 pm

jayoldschool wrote:
Keep driving after Wagonfest. 19 in Ontario, and 18 in Quebec. Montreal has some very entertaining places for a guy your age.

is this proper advice comming from a man who is in charge of shaping the minds of our national capital's children? Shocked
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 6:35 pm

Once they graduate, they are on their own. Besides, culture is an important part of everyone's upbringing Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 7:20 pm

Meh, I'm not too fond of alcohol honestly. lol

And Jay gives the best advice.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 12:32 am

picked up a case of LoneStar beer here in Austin, TX. It'll have almost 3000 miles on it before it gets to WF. It'll make the 1300 mile drive back to my house then the over 1500 mile trek to Waterloo.....
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 10:50 am

Get 2 cases; it's 1000 miles from here to WF Wagon Fest beer trade Drunken_smilie
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 8:21 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
Get 2 cases; it's 1000 miles from here to WF Wagon Fest beer trade Drunken_smilie

Wagon Fest beer trade Canonballrun2
don't forget a bag of chips Smile

I'm already back in So. FL. I was going to bring a couple of other flavors too cheers
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 8:50 pm

Too damn funny!
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 4:02 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Meh, I'm not too fond of alcohol honestly.

Me either. It's made me vomit on several occasions - violently.

I remember one time after I'd had alcohol, my only job the entire next day was to not poop my pants in the car - and I almost got fired.

I think I might be allergic.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 8:23 pm

Bewber wrote:
Stingroo wrote:
Meh, I'm not too fond of alcohol honestly.

Me either. It's made me vomit on several occasions - violently.

I remember one time after I'd had alcohol, my only job the entire next day was to not poop my pants in the car - and I almost got fired.

I think I might be allergic.

I thought you did get fired from nursing school or something?
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:13 am

..... it wasn't from pooping my pants in the car though.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 1:41 pm

OK boys time to declare what you are bringing for the WF10 Beer Swap

from High Falls Brewing Rochester NY

J.W. Dundee's Honey Brown.
J.W. Dundee's Irish Lager

Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 1:48 pm

I'll be bringing some Paper City blueberry, and possibly a couple others

http://www.papercity.com/
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 7:32 pm

I'll bring some offerings from Great Lakes Brewing Co:

- Lake Erie Monster (An Imperial IPA, or IIPA as it were). <--- Awesome brew!
- Burning River Pale Ale

I'm sure I'll grab some others, maybe some seasonals.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 7:55 pm

Does an insatiable thirst count?
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 8:43 pm

Well I have a case of Lone Stars waiting in Austin to start the looong journey.

To amuse Pat and Paul, I'll be also be bring a case of Land Shark Lager (Jimmy Buffet's beer).

I'll tootle around the liquor store and see what other Caribbean brews I can find.

Kalik - Bahamas
Red Stripe - Jamaican for crappy beer
Presidente - Dominican
Tecate, Modello - Mexican

there's a few more around from Central America too.

All mentioned are fairly light as in the tropics one does not like a heavy brew.
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 6:57 am

pat and jay, i assume when you refer to the quebec beers you are also refering to unibroe!! drunken yum yum yum!

i need to converse with scoob8000 on this one...im definately in but i can bring the same brew as him. its like 2 women showing up in the same dress!

hey sprocket ....pm!
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 5:26 pm

a1awind wrote:
pat and jay, i assume when you refer to the quebec beers you are also refering to unibroe!! drunken yum yum yum!

i need to converse with scoob8000 on this one...im definately in but i can bring the same brew as him. its like 2 women showing up in the same dress!

hey sprocket ....pm!

I think you and Mike showed up in the same dress last time we were together. It was kind of embarrassing. Laughing
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 7:25 pm

Anyone want me to grab any New England specific brews? I'm not much of a drinker, so I don't know what's good or not, but I'll be happy to pick stuff up if you guys give me a list. Smile

And John, noises like that should NOT be able to come out of a human! Wink
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 6:33 am

Anyone from Eastern NY bringing some "Saranac Trail Mix"?
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 9:56 am

all i ask is that no one bring Budweiser chelada.....nothing says delicious like horrid combo of clam juice, tomato juice and beer affraid
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:27 am

Does it taste worst on the way down, or the way up?
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:12 pm

a1awind wrote:
all i ask is that no one bring Budweiser chelada.....nothing says delicious like horrid combo of clam juice, tomato juice and beer affraid

Whoever came up with that needs to have their head examined.
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 2:28 pm

lakeffect wrote:
Does it taste worst on the way down, or the way up?

on the way up....

surprisingly id rather drink a case of that, than eat a liver and onion dinner....yuuuuck!

i didn't even know you could juice a clam... someone had to be the first....that also means they needed enough of it to make a "clam juicer"! scratch
Back to top Go down
scoob8000

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 5:17 pm

I think I'll bring a case of something from Penn Brewery. Wish East End had bottles...
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 5:26 pm

they do!!! just really big ones and they are really expensive!!!
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:56 am

scoob8000 wrote:
I think I'll bring a case of something from Penn Brewery. Wish East End had bottles...

Penn is awesome. I like their Schwartzbeer (sp? - the black lager stuff). Also they make a good Heffeweizen (sp? - yeah, I'm not good at spelling stuff).
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:12 am

can you repost the #? search function inop on my phone.
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 9:25 am

can we get a final head count on the beer trade please!!!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 11:41 am

I'm in with a case of Lonestar cans, and a twelve each of a El Salvador beer and Nicaraguan beer. still gotta get the Land Shark for Pat -n- Paul
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 1:31 pm

For the record, Landshark lager is sold at most of the larger Grocery stores locally in upstate New York, such as Wegmans and Tops.

Liquor laws here are that beer and wine coolers are sold in separate locations than are wines and harder spirits. So most 7/11& gas/mart variety stores sell beer as well.

Gas and Beer together... What a great country to live in! I LOVE AMERICA!

Last edited by lakeffect on Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
scoob8000

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 4:10 pm

I'll pick up a case of Penn today to bring..
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 5:13 pm

lakeffect wrote:
For the record,Landshark lager is sold at most of the larger Grocery stores locally in upstate New York, such as Wegmans and Tops.

Yeah, I see it at most of the larger packies here. I've never tired it thou.

lakeffect wrote:
Liquor laws here are that beer and wine coolers are sold in sepaerate locations than wines and harder spirits. So most 7/11& gas/mart variety stores sell beer as well

That confused me royally the first time I went to a packie in NY. I go to school in Troy and was stopping in to pick some stuff up for a party I was heading to. I walked into the store and it had no beer, but plenty of booze and wine. It was then the nice shop employee taught me how NYS sells beer and liquor Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 7:15 pm

lakeffect wrote:
For the record,Landshark lager is sold at most of the larger Grocery stores locally in upstate New York, such as Wegmans and Tops.

Liquor laws here are that beer and wine coolers are sold in sepaerate locations than wines and harder spirits. So most 7/11& gas/mart variety stores sell beer as well.

Gas and Beer together... What a great country to live in! I LOVE AMERICA!

Crap Inwish I woulda read this before I just bought a case. siiiiigh well I guess I know what I'll be drinking on the way up, lol.

Honestly, it's overprice3d for the taste in my opinion
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 7:44 pm

Killeen Texas...... Drive through package store. No sh!t.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 9:55 pm

they have drive through beer places in PA. just wheel in and they load the keg for ya Smile
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:30 pm

picked up a case of Church Brew works "pipe organ American pale ale"
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:49 pm

They had drive thru packies in Illinois when I was there for school, too! Smile

I didn't see that anyone requested any New England brews, so I don't know what to bring. I may grab something in the morning before I go... (They sell Beer & Wine at even Walmarts and gas stations 24/7 up here! Smile)
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 11:06 pm

SAM ADAMS!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:39 am

a1awind wrote:
SAM ADAMS!!!!!!!

Can't you get that everywhere? I just assumed you could... Ok. I'll grab a case of that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:40 am

You can get it here in Florida... >_>
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:44 am

you can... but i thought maybe you could get an odd one. i dont know of any NE beers! other than sam adams
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:33 am

Narragansett, ha ha ha! I'll drink one of those Smile
Back to top Go down
YachtDriver

YachtDriver

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:07 pm

I have a partial party pack of Sam Adams.

I also picked up a sixer of Tuckermans and a Sixer of Woodstock Inn Pig's ear Brown Ale.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:31 pm

When are we having Wagonfest somewhere closer to Texas?? I'll bring Shiner Bock if some of the PA folks bring me some Yuengling.

How about in Nashville or St Louis next year?? I might to get there over a long weekend!

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:14 pm

They sell Yuengling here too... Not sure how localized that is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wagon Fest beer trade   Wagon Fest beer trade Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wagon Fest beer trade
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next