GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

F-Body Axels

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Andebe

Andebe

F-Body Axels Empty
PostSubject: F-Body Axels   F-Body Axels Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 12:02 pm

I want to run Hurst wheels on my OCC. Adapters look as if they would push the wheel into the quarter panel. Would an F-Body rear end fix this? What does the peanut gallery recommend? Thanks in advance...
Back to top Go down

F-Body Axels Empty
PostSubject: Re: F-Body Axels   F-Body Axels Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 12:07 pm

Hurst wheels look great on our OCCs,dont think a F body axle would be heavy enough for our wagons.What about running a set of 15x7s and a set of 1.5 inch wide adapters?
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

F-Body Axels Empty
PostSubject: Re: F-Body Axels   F-Body Axels Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 12:40 pm

Its awfully tight...write your own joke here.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

F-Body Axels Empty
PostSubject: Re: F-Body Axels   F-Body Axels Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 12:47 pm

Redrill your axles and drums for the smaller bolt pattern. Run an adapter in the front, or, use 3rd gen F body 1LE rotors (B body rotor with smaller pattern, no ABS ring, but can be added).
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

F-Body Axels Empty
PostSubject: Re: F-Body Axels   F-Body Axels Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 2:49 pm

Interesting I had been looking at these wheels also last year saw Jetfire88's OCC with Olds rallys and it looked great I will post a photo later if you like. Jeff
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

F-Body Axels Empty
PostSubject: Re: F-Body Axels   F-Body Axels Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 5:04 pm

Would love to see the pic.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

F-Body Axels Empty
PostSubject: Re: F-Body Axels   F-Body Axels Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 5:57 pm

Thanks for all the advice...Think Im going to search out an SS rear to pick up the discs and try the redrill method. I would like to run the 17x8's
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

F-Body Axels Empty
PostSubject: Re: F-Body Axels   F-Body Axels Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

F-Body Axels
Page 1 of 1