GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello from IOWA

Go down 
+2
bamalongroof
Eyorspt
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyorspt

Hello from IOWA Empty
PostSubject: Hello from IOWA   Hello from IOWA Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 2:33 pm

My name is Bill.  I am a retired USAF Master Sergeant.  I spent 40 years in Silicon Valley with the Air Force Satellite Control Facility and as a contractor back to the Air Force.

Nine years ago we, (wife - daughter and grandson) decided it was entirely too crowded and expensive in California so we sold out and moved to a small place in Iowa on 14 acres. Outside Cedar Rapids a few miles.

My first station wagon was a 1963 Falcon 2 door with the 170 engine and 2 speed transmission.

My second was in the mid 1970's I bought a 1972 Ford LTD wagon with the 429, C-6, etc.  We ran that until the early 80's and I have been in cars and vans since.

Currently have a 2002 PT Cruiser and a 1995 GMC 2500 Vandura StarCraft van.

Reason for moving to a station wagon again is the spouse just can't climb into the van any longer!  

So, I have a 1995 Buick Roadmaster Estate wagon due to be delivered next week and then I'll detail the van and put it up for sale.

I'm here because I joined the Station Wagon Forums and was told by jmt455 that my new wagon would fit in over here also........

Here I am.  Photos later.
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

Hello from IOWA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from IOWA   Hello from IOWA Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 2:43 pm

Welcome to the forum.... there is a nice Costco south of you in Coralville with covered parking (can ya tell I work for Costco?). Jeff
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

Hello from IOWA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from IOWA   Hello from IOWA Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 2:52 pm

Welcome Bill. Im sure you find lots of great info here. Some pretty fun personalities to boot!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Hello from IOWA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from IOWA   Hello from IOWA Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 4:41 pm

Quote :
Reason for moving to a station wagon again is the spouse just can't climb into the van any longer!

I,d like to get another van,. with a raised roof,..
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

Hello from IOWA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from IOWA   Hello from IOWA Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 5:17 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
Quote :

I,d like to get another van,. with a raised roof,..
Really not the direction I thought you might go with that....
Back to top Go down

Hello from IOWA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from IOWA   Hello from IOWA Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 7:10 pm

Welcome Bill and thank you for your service to our country.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

Hello from IOWA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from IOWA   Hello from IOWA Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 8:04 am

Welcome aboard! Congrats on your new wagon!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Sprocket

Sprocket

Hello from IOWA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from IOWA   Hello from IOWA Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 1:26 pm

Congrats and welcome aboard!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from IOWA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from IOWA   Hello from IOWA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from IOWA
Page 1 of 1