GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

96 rmw my first project

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bcb577

bcb577

96 rmw my first project Empty
PostSubject: 96 rmw my first project   96 rmw my first project Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 9:14 am

got my 96 rmw a few months ago.looked good at first but theres lots of rust.i got it for 500 dollars.all I've done to it do far is put some magna flow mufflers on it.im not mechanically inclined so either i have to learn or get used to paying to get thins done,the hardest part about learning on this car is its my daily driver!next a tune up,it has roughly 138,000 miles and along as the rust doesn't get to bad I'm seeing these cars can go for a lot of miles.after the tune i wanna put 3:73 rear end in it.im not gonna go rely crazy on mods due to the rust but it looks good from 20 ft away so ill take it to local car shows this year,not sure its worthy to take to wagonfest. No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 96 rmw my first project   96 rmw my first project Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 10:53 am

Sorry to hear about your rust problems but you can learn all you need to know here and fix the problems yourself.These wagons are a great platform for modifications as well as keeping bone stock.You are fortunate that you are physically able to do the work yourself with some help from this gang.There are some very knowledgeable members here who are more than happy to help you out with any issues no matter how big or small.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: 96 rmw my first project   96 rmw my first project Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 10:48 pm

bcb577 wrote:
not sure its worthy to take to wagonfest. No

Even if it didn't run, it'd be fine for WF. It's about the love of the wagons, not about how good they look. Some people come to WF and don't even have a wagon (I can think of a few). I've gone to the Impala nationals twice, without a car lol.

Drive it, park it next to the nice one, no one cares. I've only had one really nice wagon and that one had a dent in it.
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: 96 rmw my first project   96 rmw my first project Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 5:41 pm

Bring it to Wagonfest!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: 96 rmw my first project   96 rmw my first project Icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 6:32 pm

The gear swap is the best for these wagons,.and get the ecm 'tuned' when you have it reflashed for the swap,.
EVERY wagon is welcome at wagonfest no matter what,.its what makes the fest what it is,.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: 96 rmw my first project   96 rmw my first project Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 12:53 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
The gear swap is the best for these wagons,.and get the ecm 'tuned' when you have it reflashed for the swap,.
EVERY wagon is welcome at wagonfest no matter what,.its what makes the fest what it is,.
Does anything special need to be done swapping out gears in a TBI?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 96 rmw my first project   96 rmw my first project Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

96 rmw my first project
Page 1 of 1