GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm back with something new

Go down 
+9
GN1220
Sprocket
BigBlackBeaSSt
stewzer55
AzDon
200OZ
Andebe
71novaguy
The Stickman
13 posters
AuthorMessage
The Stickman

The Stickman

I'm back with something new Empty
PostSubject: I'm back with something new   I'm back with something new Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 3:56 pm

Well look at what I bought today. I am so pleased. I have so many plans for it. Gonna be a great car. It is already well built just needs to be finished. It is a 1996 Federal Cadillac hearse. It has an LT1 with some wild headers, Dual exhaust with dual cats, CAI, reprogrammed prom for the engine and shift points. It has the start of a custom front end and cowl induction hood and fender vents. It has upper and lower rear control arms. AND it has a 14 bolt rear with a posi and 4.10 gear. It also has full custom gauges. The Speedo is the GPS kind. Most of the things I will be doing are body mods. I doubt I will touch the mechanicals much if at all. But air ride is being considered.
I'm back with something new WP_20150131_13_05_43_Pro__highres_zps7c81ae48

I'm back with something new WP_20150131_13_05_31_Pro__highres_zpsa843e63f

I'm back with something new WP_20150131_13_05_14_Pro__highres_zpsc8c89376

I'm back with something new WP_20150131_13_05_02_Pro__highres_zps42107d5b

I'm back with something new WP_20150131_13_04_50_Pro__highres_zpsa4ad750f

I'm back with something new WP_20150131_13_04_33_Pro__highres_zps47d5f00c

I'm back with something new WP_20150131_12_58_48_Pro__highres_zps8c0c50ce

I'm back with something new WP_20150131_13_06_16_Pro_zpsc36227b9

I'm back with something new WP_20150131_13_06_04_Pro__highres_zps5f07d7fc

I'm back with something new WP_20150131_13_05_57_Pro__highres_zps1cb3fe04

Back to top Go down
71novaguy

PostSubject: Re: I'm back with something new   I'm back with something new Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 4:26 pm

I hope you got a good deal on it
Back to top Go down
The Stickman

The Stickman

PostSubject: Re: I'm back with something new   I'm back with something new Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 6:26 pm

71novaguy wrote:
I hope you got a good deal on it

I think I got a great deal on it. Runs and drives great. The gauges and rear diff/gearing cost a bunch new. All the options work. Engine and transmission are perfect. So no complaints other than the small steering wheel.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: I'm back with something new   I'm back with something new Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 6:39 pm

The Dead Sled...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm back with something new   I'm back with something new Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 8:14 pm

Guess it doesnt bother you that this vehicle carried someones loved ones to their final resting place?
Back to top Go down
The Stickman

The Stickman

PostSubject: Re: I'm back with something new   I'm back with something new Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 8:17 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Guess it doesnt bother you that this vehicle carried someones loved ones to their final resting place?

I don't think it is disrespectful if that is what you are implying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm back with something new   I'm back with something new Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 8:22 pm

To each his own.
Back to top Go down
The Stickman

The Stickman

PostSubject: Re: I'm back with something new   I'm back with something new Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 8:39 pm

There is no difference between this and an Ambulance. And people die in ambulances all the time. And ambulances get repurposed all the time. I have seen them being used by contractors and as race car haulers, and the old station wagon types as collector cars. Wouldn't those uses be worse? Or do you suggest simply crushing these cars when they still have tons of use in them? Keep in mind Hearses get very little use.
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: I'm back with something new   I'm back with something new Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 9:17 pm

My black WB4 was a funeral car before I bought it. There were new, in the package body bags in the rear storage compartment when I picked the car up from Fred (Ruphraxe). It's all good.

Interesting car Stick. Looking forward to what you do with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm back with something new   I'm back with something new Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 2:38 am

I want a hearse so badly.

I want a Cotner-Bevington 60s Oldsmobile hearse. I'd paint it white with a gold vinyl top and put rally wheels on it. It'd be the Hurst/Hearse

Someday...

Neat ride! Not sure how I feel about the Trans Am fender vents, though. Maybe when they're finished.
Back to top Go down
The Stickman

The Stickman

PostSubject: Re: I'm back with something new   I'm back with something new Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 12:47 pm

Stingroo wrote:
I want a hearse so badly.

I want a Cotner-Bevington 60s Oldsmobile hearse. I'd paint it white with a gold vinyl top and put rally wheels on it. It'd be the Hurst/Hearse

Someday...

Neat ride! Not sure how I feel about the Trans Am fender vents, though. Maybe when they're finished.

Yea I was on the fence too, but I plan to mount a blinker in there so it makes for a good place to hide it and still have it be seen.
Back to top Go down
AzDon

AzDon

PostSubject: Re: I'm back with something new   I'm back with something new Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 5:27 pm

That thing is awesome! License plate should be "Last Ryd".... I'm not the least bit creeped out by it's former purpose......Camping? I'd crawl in the back of that thing and sleep like a baby! Or even better if it had a padded velvet-lined box!
In the sixties, there was a famous twin-engine drag flatbottom called "The Mortician" that was towed to the races by a hearse....
The fender vents are a cool mod that functions to let heated air escape from the engine room!
Back to top Go down
http://v-driveboat.com
stewzer55

stewzer55

PostSubject: Re: I'm back with something new   I'm back with something new Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 8:19 pm

Interesting.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: I'm back with something new   I'm back with something new Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 2:06 pm

Welcome back Stick it's been to long. Neat project. Do you still have the boxy and Twigs 2 door?
Back to top Go down
The Stickman

The Stickman

PostSubject: Re: I'm back with something new   I'm back with something new Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 2:32 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Welcome back Stick it's been to long.  Neat project.  Do you still have the boxy and Twigs 2 door?

Twigs car is long gone and now resides in NJ somewhere. But it is on the road as far as I know. Mine is, well apart. Right now it is just a shell. Most of the parts went to my room mates Buick Box Hearse. My engine died when I did the track event in may 2011. And after the event I didn't have the cash to fix it and my migraines closed back in so it just sat. So taking it apart little by little was ok as it wasn't getting use. And lots of parts sold off as I needed money. Now I have some cash and I bought this. It will be a nice cruiser. I am hoping to make the GM Nats with it. Ofcourse the last time I thought that was 2010 and I made it Friday and was hammered by migraines Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully this year will be different.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: I'm back with something new   I'm back with something new Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 4:52 pm

Welcome back. What would be really cool is to chop the top like Twig's was but this would have ALOT more rake to it with the high top. That with the front end on this one, would be soooo badass.
Back to top Go down
GN1220

PostSubject: Re: I'm back with something new   I'm back with something new Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 9:15 pm

Flasheroo wrote:

It's a man made automobile designed to carry dead bodies to a hole in the ground. Really don't see the issue here.
Back to top Go down
Buicknutt

Buicknutt

PostSubject: Re: I'm back with something new   I'm back with something new Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 1:40 pm

kind of mad maxish..
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: I'm back with something new   I'm back with something new Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 3:06 pm

Love the Hurst Hearse idea...
Back to top Go down
stationedwagon

stationedwagon

PostSubject: Re: I'm back with something new   I'm back with something new Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 12:17 am

I can't understand why everyone doesn't have one!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm back with something new   I'm back with something new Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 1:06 am

Andebe wrote:
Love the Hurst Hearse idea...

That's been on my "to do" list for a long time.

Someday.

Sigh.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: I'm back with something new   I'm back with something new Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 9:15 am

That thing is crazy! Are those Trans Am fender vents?? Whoa!

Keep us updated on this one!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
steel-and-fire

PostSubject: Re: I'm back with something new   I'm back with something new Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 2:16 pm

Good to see you again Stickman. I remember PM'ing you about Olds engines a year or two ago on the Impala forums.

That Cadillac has some style. What does the interior look like?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/weltallid123
The Stickman

The Stickman

PostSubject: Re: I'm back with something new   I'm back with something new Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 2:30 pm

81X11 wrote:
That thing is crazy!   Are those Trans Am fender vents??   Whoa!

Keep us updated on this one!

-Mike

Yes they are. Not sure if they are staying or not. They aren't completely flush at the front like I would like. So I will either redo them or install new fenders.
Back to top Go down
The Stickman

The Stickman

PostSubject: Re: I'm back with something new   I'm back with something new Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 2:38 pm

steel-and-fire wrote:
Good to see you again Stickman. I remember PM'ing you about Olds engines a year or two ago on the Impala forums.

The interior is pretty nice. A full custom dash with AutoMeter gauges which must have been pretty pricey. The seats are leather and both sides are power. The rear table was removed and a rear seat installed. There is a ton of leg room back there. Now one, a lot of hearse people hate when the rear table is removed. And second most times when the rear table is removed it looks like crap. This conversion was nicely done. I can't wait to get to work on this car.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm back with something new   I'm back with something new Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 4:55 pm

Pics of that? I'm curious.
Back to top Go down
The Stickman

The Stickman

PostSubject: Re: I'm back with something new   I'm back with something new Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 7:13 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Pics of that? I'm curious.

Only pics of the interior I have are of the gauges that are already in this post. I will have to get some of the interior soon.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: I'm back with something new   I'm back with something new Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 12:11 pm

While you are shooting pics, I'd like to see a better lit shot of the front end/grille area. just looks all black and can't see any detail there Smile I'm digging it.
Back to top Go down
The Stickman

The Stickman

PostSubject: Re: I'm back with something new   I'm back with something new Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 4:12 pm

Sprocket wrote:
While you are shooting pics, I'd like to see a better lit shot of the front end/grille area.  just looks all black and can't see any detail there Smile    I'm digging it.

See if these work. They were taken by the previous owner. It shows the Cadillac bumper and the current bumper. The Cadillac one will be going back on.
I'm back with something new MyFederalHearseImpalabumper3_zpse3104b07

I'm back with something new MyFederalHearseImpalabumper2_zps8d5175dc

I'm back with something new MyFederalHearseImpalabumper1_zps893f7d68

I'm back with something new MyFederalHearseCaddybumper3_zpscbc9a1f3

I'm back with something new MyFederalHearseCaddyBumper2_zps4c0c61fc

I'm back with something new MyFederalHearseCaddybumper1_zps24d86389
Back to top Go down
The Stickman

The Stickman

PostSubject: Re: I'm back with something new   I'm back with something new Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 8:44 pm

steel-and-fire wrote:

Here you go.
I'm back with something new MyFederalCadillacinteriorfront_zpscfd2a3a7

I'm back with something new MyFederalCadillacinteriorDash_zps9414b276

I'm back with something new MyFederalCadillacrearseat_zps42d01bca

I'm back with something new MyFederalCadillacrear_zps21ace472
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm back with something new   I'm back with something new Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm back with something new
Page 1 of 1