GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help Wagon Collector Buy Shoes

Go down 
+17
Deadmanonduty
sswagon
Mike LT1
Big Wagon Guy
200OZ
Andebe
autoarcheologist
Bobloblaw
phantom 309
bamalongroof
BigBlackBeaSSt
Cadet57
Fred Kiehl
Sprocket
71novaguy
YachtDriver
Wagon Collector
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

Help Wagon Collector Buy Shoes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help Wagon Collector Buy Shoes   Help Wagon Collector Buy Shoes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 3:01 pm

Nice wheels. I need to get looking for a set myself...
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Help Wagon Collector Buy Shoes   Help Wagon Collector Buy Shoes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 3:42 pm

It would be interesting to see that tail light trim body color...IMHO.
Back to top Go down
verdurous

PostSubject: Re: Help Wagon Collector Buy Shoes   Help Wagon Collector Buy Shoes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2016 11:08 am

Wagon Collector wrote:
Done!  I added a bit of lower all around, and added some black vinyl to the B&C pillars at the same time.  Starting to look nice!

Still planning to remove the beltline trim.  I'm also not sold on the pinstriping but I haven't looked into what it will take to remove it as of yet.

Help Wagon Collector Buy Shoes - Page 2 Bd110

Help Wagon Collector Buy Shoes - Page 2 Bd210

Help Wagon Collector Buy Shoes - Page 2 Bd310

What were your final wheel specs and tire sizes? Have any rubbing?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

PostSubject: Re: Help Wagon Collector Buy Shoes   Help Wagon Collector Buy Shoes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2016 2:15 pm

Sorry all - just seeing these responses now...

YachtDriver wrote:

When we removed some of the pinstripe from the MAB wagon to put on the yellow pinstripe we used a 3M Stripe off wheel.
Amazon Link.
-D

Thanks - I have used those before but only for beltline trim tape. The paint is sorta fragile on this thing so I'll see. I rubbed through trying to remove the emblems on the tailgate. That wasn't a huge big deal because I needed to paint the tailgate anyway.

Andebe wrote:
It would be interesting to see that tail light trim body color...IMHO.

That's a good plan. I will be painting the "thing" over the license plate body colored to go with the door handles. I will look at doing tail lights. I assume that trim around the tail lights comes off fairly easily? I've never had one apart.

verdurous wrote:

What were your final wheel specs and tire sizes? Have any rubbing?
Thanks!

I ended up with 18x8 all the way around. Zero offset. The tires are 245/50/18, which are a touch shorter than the stock wagon. They are at 27.6" compared to the factory 28". Still they are a bit taller than what most folks run (the 255/50/27 Impala SS tire is 27" tall).

This car is a daily driver so I didn't want to go too crazy with sizing (or lowering). Plus it's the wife's car so I'm already pushing it as is. She's already complained about the window tint. Suspect
Back to top Go down
verdurous

PostSubject: Re: Help Wagon Collector Buy Shoes   Help Wagon Collector Buy Shoes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 10:42 am

Thanks for the reply! I really have been looking for wheels like that. I absolute love the look! Good to know info on the tire sizes. I am thinking I will just do a slight drop myself.

Where did you buy the wheels from btw? have a link? What is the specific model number?

Thank you for the specs! I have been having trouble getting specifics.

Sorry for the questions and I know I can just google, but I tried and like 100 wheels that look the almost the same popped up haha. I got a bit confused.
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

PostSubject: Re: Help Wagon Collector Buy Shoes   Help Wagon Collector Buy Shoes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2016 3:36 pm

verdurous wrote:
Where did you buy the wheels from btw? have a link? What is the specific model number?

They are B/D Rodworks "Rodder" in satin.  Check ebay, there are a few good vendors on there.  I got mine from Discount Tires Direct through Ebay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help Wagon Collector Buy Shoes   Help Wagon Collector Buy Shoes - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help Wagon Collector Buy Shoes
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2