GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Steering columns

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Andebe

Andebe

Steering columns  Empty
PostSubject: Steering columns    Steering columns  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 10:58 am

Are all the steering columns the same? I need to replace mine.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Steering columns  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering columns    Steering columns  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 7:56 pm

The 94-96 columns are the same, the 92 and 93 columns are the same, and the 91s stand alone because they do not have press brake to shift function. You can use anything in the 91s if you do not hook up the press brake to shift solenoid (it is on when the engine is running and you are in park, and turns off when you press the brake pedal). The 94-96 columns can be used in the 92s and 93s. They are all downward compatible. The FW steering column is about and inch longer than the B-body columns, and can cause issues with the intermediate shaft being tight at the slip joint.

Since you are replacing your column, you should put the FW flash to pass switch in place of the OEM H/L beam switch (3/8 inch socket). You have to swap the high and low beam connectors, and add one with a fused "hot at all times" wire (use a thick one) for the FTP function. It is an easy mod, especially when you have the column out.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

Steering columns  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering columns    Steering columns  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 10:14 pm

Thanks Fred,I will get with you again in the future about that FTP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Steering columns  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering columns    Steering columns  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steering columns
Page 1 of 1