GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GRRRRR on ebay seller!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
just me

GRRRRR on ebay seller! Empty
PostSubject: GRRRRR on ebay seller!   GRRRRR on ebay seller! Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 10:22 pm

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Reese-1992-1996-Buick-Roadmaster-wagon-class-3-trailer-hitch-/291477097338?vxp=mtr&nma=true&si=VhUb1Y72FnMVTcPJSLYOUrTxWkI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

I wasn't going to post this but after going back and finding the 100% positive for seller now has 1 negative that wasn't there yesterday, and it is for the same hitch I was getting. I happened to be checking ebay about 15 minutes after seller bquickr posted the class 3 Roady wagon Reese hitch and went for the buyitnow of $100 plus 55 shipping since that is about the lowest I'll ever see one of these selling for. Next day I got the email that the sale had been cancelled by seller because he couldn't sell the hitch for some unlisted reason. I wasn't too upset and figured he talked to someone who told him he could get more money for it, also I don't really need it right now and might never need one. I pulled the trigger on it because it would be better to have and not need one than to need one and not have it.

Then today I saw the added negative on the same hitch from a sale in April where a buyer called the seller the WORST ebayer ever! I might have dodged a bullet on this one!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: GRRRRR on ebay seller!   GRRRRR on ebay seller! Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 11:51 pm

Quote :
Then today I saw the added negative on the same hitch from a sale in April where a buyer called the seller the WORST ebayer ever! I might have dodged a bullet on this one!

with nearly 2000 sales and a 99.4% positive feedback,.  i,d do business with him,..

1 negative feedback means nothing,...

Last edited by phantom 309 on Sat May 30, 2015 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
just me

PostSubject: Re: GRRRRR on ebay seller!   GRRRRR on ebay seller! Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 2:40 am

Not when it is on the exact same part I was bidding on. I googled his email address and he comes up on an Impala SS forum parting the wagon in 2014 and wanting 125 for the hitch. My guess is he saw the negative after I paid for the hitch and pulled it to avoid potential problems with buyer from April sale. Or less likely someone hacked his ebay account for s..ts and giggles. I have never received a communication from seller so he remains suspect in my mind, deserved or not. Strong, the negative impression is!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: GRRRRR on ebay seller!   GRRRRR on ebay seller! Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 7:25 am

just me wrote:
Not when it is on the exact same part I was bidding on. I googled his email address and he comes up on an Impala SS forum parting the wagon in 2014 and wanting 125 for the hitch. My guess is he saw the negative after I paid for the hitch and pulled it to avoid potential problems with buyer from April sale.  Or less likely someone hacked his ebay account for s..ts and giggles.  I have never received a communication from seller so he remains suspect in my mind, deserved or not. Strong, the negative impression is!

So,.. you hit buy it now,..

No money changed hands,.

Seller emailed you saying the sale has been cancelled,.

Then the other buyer,. who you know nothing of,. posted a negative response obviously for a hitch he didn't get,. or didn't pay for, either way you know absolutely nothing about what is going on between the seller and buyer,.

So you assume and make guess's,.

Perhaps with all his positive feedback,. it might just be the buyer that has been a douche,.nearly 2000 happy buyer and one discontent,.

Now the buyer has posted a very strong negative feedback,.

and now you want to focus on that feedback and tell as many people as you can about this potentially evil ebayer with the one negative feedback,.and how lucky you are you didn't get scammed for a whole $155.00

He can't edit feedback,

Carry on,.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: GRRRRR on ebay seller!   GRRRRR on ebay seller! Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 7:32 am

There are also some people on ebay who are never satisfied with anything, and will give a seller a negative. The seller may have accidentally relisted the part in a bulk listing, and no longer have it. He may also have found out that the shipping is far in excess of his estimate (I think this may be the case). Ebay gives the seller a short list of reasons for cancelling the sale, and often it does not include the real reason, or allow an explanation for the action, but you can only pick from that list. As long as you get your money back, it should not be a big issue.

I have cancelled a sale because of because of a buyer trying to be slick (I know that is not your case), and trying to get a discount AND free shipping when it is not advertised that way. I still got a negative from that buyer. The seller can add a comment to the feedback as well.

If the guy has generally good feedback, with only one or two negatives I would still give that seller the benefit of the doubt. You can not go forever without any negative feedback, and the "negative" is only on your visible record for a year.

As far as having further trouble with the prior buyer, the buyer has done all the damage he can.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: GRRRRR on ebay seller!   GRRRRR on ebay seller! Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 6:48 pm

I've sold ONE thing on Ebay, and gotten negative feedback because after saying it would be shipped withinin four days, he complained as he didn't have it in his hands after two days. 100% negative feedback.

Some people are a-holes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GRRRRR on ebay seller!   GRRRRR on ebay seller! Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 9:06 pm

It was the sheep that did it! Laughing
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: GRRRRR on ebay seller!   GRRRRR on ebay seller! Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 9:36 pm

Damn It! I KNEW IT! Time for lamb chops!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GRRRRR on ebay seller!   GRRRRR on ebay seller! Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 9:44 pm

Hope they don't read this or your counting sheep tonite may be your last!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRRRRR on ebay seller!   GRRRRR on ebay seller! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GRRRRR on ebay seller!
Page 1 of 1