HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

A sad day....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Andebe

PostSubject: Re: A sad day....   Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:20 pm

We should have a thread of the day/week award... cheers
Back to top Go down
Bert Slater

PostSubject: Re: A sad day....   Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:09 pm

Cool! Some days I think I deserve an award for getting out of bed!!
Back to top Go down
AzDon

PostSubject: Re: A sad day....   Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:54 pm

I was talking to a guy showing a Caprice LT1 wagon at "Coffee and Cars" last month and discovered that he is our local Geico adjuster......
Maybe "Wagon Sleigher" is a claims adjuster and is simply frustrated that beating people out of a fair settlement for their damaged stuff is maybe not so easy.....
Back to top Go down
http://v-driveboat.com
Funkwagon455

PostSubject: Re: A sad day....   Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:13 pm

Subscribing for the sake of potential future reference!
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: A sad day....   Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:06 pm

As a retired insurance appraiser, I can tell you it isn't an easy job. Most days I (and my co workers) just tried to keep our heads above water and move onto the next claim. Since I am a die hard car guy I always tried to be fair with people, especially fellow car guys, when they had an accident. This job is like most others in that there are jerks and nice guys too. The advice I've given several times before is simple-be nice, professional, and know what you have. Knowledge always trumps ignorance, and if need be, educate your adjuster/appraiser as to the special value of your particular car. Don't whine, provide facts. Insurance is about numbers and risk, nothing more. If you can provide solid numbers (your cars value) it makes his job easier to justify a higher payment. Win/win.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: A sad day....   Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:50 pm

Deadmanonduty wrote:
I put an actual cash value ins policy on my wagon for $10,000, so they have to pay when a claim is filed.
I did the same on my 06.5 Duramax because it has 20,000 miles on it and is realistically worth $30-$35K and the book value is probably $15-20K.  I'm not eating that if they get wrecked, they can pay up!  

Its a great way to insure cars that are "not ordinary".  
Who wrote your policy? I'd love to do something similar with my Roady wagon. It's a 21 year old car that looks like it's 3 years old. Getting hit by some idiot (again) is my biggest fear. I've been very lucky in that the last 3 claims I had on it didn't total it, they just made it better!
Back to top Go down
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: A sad day....   Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:45 pm

I took out a classic car policy with Hagerty through Nationwide on my 1996 Caprice. They initially would not write the policy for more than $5000, but after I sent them several sales results from eBay and listings at dealerships nationwide, they relented and wrote the policy for $12,000. With liability ($100/$300K), collision, comp, towing, and glass, the rate was about $500/yr. Seth Halbert is the lead underwriter with Hagerty, and he's knowledgable about these cars. Contact information:
P: +1.231-929-6181 Email: shalbert@hagerty.com
WWW.HAGERTY.COM | 141 RIVER'S EDGE DR., SUITE 200, TRAVERSE CITY, MI 49684
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: A sad day....   Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:17 am

dmg4 wrote:
I took out a classic car policy with Hagerty through Nationwide on my 1996 Caprice.  They initially would not write the policy for more than $5000, but after I sent them several sales results from eBay and listings at dealerships nationwide, they relented and wrote the policy for $12,000.  With liability ($100/$300K), collision, comp, towing, and glass, the rate was about $500/yr.   Seth Halbert is the lead underwriter with Hagerty, and he's knowledgable about these cars.  Contact information:
P:  +1.231-929-6181    Email:  shalbert@hagerty.com
WWW.HAGERTY.COM  |  141 RIVER'S EDGE DR., SUITE 200, TRAVERSE CITY, MI 49684 Thanks for the info! Is it a limited use policy, only a set amount of miles per year, etc?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A sad day....   

Back to top Go down

A sad day....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Wagon General Discussion-
Jump to: