GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Headdlights anyone?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
W0X0F

W0X0F

Headdlights anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Headdlights anyone?   Headdlights anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2008 11:49 pm

Just ordered up a set of these Lights
I'll let Y'all know how they work out! rendeer
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Headdlights anyone?   Headdlights anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 6:36 am

They almost look like T84 repros
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID

IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Headdlights anyone?   Headdlights anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 7:02 am

Krzdimond wrote:
They almost look like T84 repros
You have seen them? I am still waiting to see what they look like. All I get is this. http://www.focuztech.com/xcart/product/T84II-headlamp-system-for-the-91-96-b-body-base-package.html

Take pics of the installed lights. And maybe compare pics of the old light pattern, and the new one. I think they would look sweet with blue bulbs.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Headdlights anyone?   Headdlights anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 8:06 am

There is a wagon in ISSF that has them, I'll see if I can remember who it is....
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Headdlights anyone?   Headdlights anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 8:36 am

here's a link to one for sale in Germany

http://old.autozimmerli.ch/_04auto/0000018b.htm
Back to top Go down
IMPALADAKID

IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Headdlights anyone?   Headdlights anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 10:13 am

Krzdimond wrote:
here's a link to one for sale in Germany

http://old.autozimmerli.ch/_04auto/0000018b.htm

Headdlights anyone? CHEVROLETCapriceClassicFull-SizeLim
I know what T84s look like. But will the repos from focuztech look like the originals with the lense deflecting light, or more like the ones above with the clear lense and deflector in the back of the housing?
Back to top Go down
W0X0F

W0X0F

PostSubject: Re: Headdlights anyone?   Headdlights anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 11:48 am

That European model has some neat features, The mirrors, and the headlight washers for a couple! That car is in Switzerland (CH sticker). I'll keep you all posted on the lights, and It looks like they also sell a smoke tinted version too!
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Headdlights anyone?   Headdlights anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 1:02 pm

Please do post pics and your impressions once you get them installed. They look like a great and inexpensive upgrade to the stockers. So long as they fit right and have a better light pattern.

Last edited by DBeaSSt on Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
IMPALADAKID

IMPALADAKID

PostSubject: Re: Headdlights anyone?   Headdlights anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 2:59 pm

DBeaSSt wrote:
Please do post pics and your impressions once you get them installed. They look like a great and inexpensive upgrade to the stockers. So long as they fight right and have a better light pattern.
Exactly!
They will be my first mod on my next car.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headdlights anyone?   Headdlights anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 8:47 pm

You might want to hit up your local junkyard for the bulb refractor that goes over the light bulb to throw the light back into the rear reflector. Without it I am almost positive the light pattern and output will be worse than stock. The next time you walk by the front of any newer car with clear non-fluted headlights check out the bulb, you will notice they all have a little metal hood over the bulb so you can not see the bulb. This is what focuses the light back into the bucket so it can be thrown in the right pattern and not blind on coming traffic. I am interested in these also but, I will wait until I see a set mounted on a car and see how they hold up to leaking and yellowing.
Back to top Go down
firewood

firewood

PostSubject: Re: Headdlights anyone?   Headdlights anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 4:20 pm

Issf has an 8+ page thread on them, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Headdlights anyone?   Headdlights anyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Headdlights anyone?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Electrical-
Jump to: