GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now !

Go down 
+9
BigBlackBeaSSt
Andebe
bigbluey88
1993 Roady-man
dmg4
frederickflintstone
steel-and-fire
MalibuSSwagon
lakeffect
13 posters
AuthorMessage
lakeffect

lakeffect

I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now ! Empty
PostSubject: I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now !   I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now ! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 3:27 pm

As the title says, you can let the rest of us know you are started on your way and will be Festering soon.

May you all have a safe trip.

Dave
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now !   I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now ! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 10:52 pm

Thanks Dave, packing up the wagon now and will be leaving first thing tomorrow morning.
Back to top Go down
steel-and-fire

PostSubject: Re: I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now !   I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now ! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 11:04 pm

I would have been packing tonight, but the quickie oil change I got Saturday left me with a puddle of not so fresh looking oil on the street today. It was like a siv from the filter.
I did it myself tonight, so I'll pack in the morning for the early drive. Glad I caught it at least.
Make sure all your fluids aren't leaking.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/weltallid123
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

PostSubject: Re: I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now !   I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 7:34 am

Our departure will be around 3AM Friday morning. I like to start a drive at night with low traffic. unfortunately will be hitting Toledo and Cleveland in the morning rush. I do not own a mobile device so there will be no updates.
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now !   I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 7:55 am

I arrived in Geneva on 11 November 1985, so I guess I'm a little early.
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now !   I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 8:58 am

lol
Back to top Go down
bigbluey88

bigbluey88

PostSubject: Re: I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now !   I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 9:50 am

How far of a drive is it from Geneva to the park.   Smile
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now !   I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 9:58 am

"How far of a drive is it from Geneva to the park."

Once I get the car turned around in the driveway and pointed downhill, I can roll to Seneca Lake in 10 minutes, or start the engine and be there in 3 minutes.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now !   I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 10:21 am

I think we just found our official Wagonfest tour guide!
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now !   I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 10:33 am

Alas, in all the years of Wagonfest, I have only been in town once for the event. Late July and the first week of August are travel times for me. This year, I can only attend on Friday night and Saturday morning. However, I'd suggest Sweet Sues Diner on 5&20 west of Geneva for breakfast. The pancakes could double as spare tires. They are across the street from the Ontario County Landfill (the Ontario Alps). Lamoreaux Landing Winery on 414 south on the east shore of Seneca Lake has some of the finest Rieslings in the region. The Curtis Museum in Hammondsport is a must for motorheads, aircraft, or boating enthusiasts. The Wright Brothers might have been first, but Glen Curtis developed more of what keeps aircraft aloft today. There is Chimney Bluffs in Sodus and Zurich Quaking Bog if you want to head north toward Lake Ontario. You could also drive towards Bristol Mtn, and ride the chairlift to the top and drive around Canandaigue Lake. There is a good German restaurant in Canandaigua on Main St that has beer and sausages (two of the major food groups... the third being pancakes).
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now !   I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 10:48 am

Is there a place close by the Microtel or park to wash up the wagon?
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now !   I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 10:50 am

Leaving tonite at 6:30...Ought to give me plenty of time friday,to pretty her up a bit...Providing I dont run into any drama.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now !   I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 11:03 am

dmg4 wrote:
 There is a good German restaurant in Canandaigua on Main St that has beer and sausages (two of the major food groups... the third being pancakes).

Ooooo. This might be a good place for dinner on Saturday night!

Andebe wrote:
Is there a place close by the Microtel or park to wash up the wagon?

There is a self serve car wash kiddy corner from the Mictrotel behind the holiday inn.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now !   I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 11:15 am

Sweet,thanks for the 411.
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now !   I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 11:18 am

We live in a carwash-rich environment. There is a LaserWash no-touch autowash on Preemption Rd, just north of the intersection of 5&20. There are two self-service high-pressure car washes on Washington St, near it's intersection with Preemption Rd., and finally, there is a rotating-brush drive-through wash on Norwood St, just off 5&20 about 200 yds west of Wegmans.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now !   I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 1:53 pm

leaving now 2;00pm
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now !   I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 1:55 pm

mtrhead79 wrote:
leaving now 2;00pm

Good to see you got done waxing in the frame! Shocked safe travels!
Back to top Go down
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

PostSubject: Re: I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now !   I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 2:12 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
mtrhead79 wrote:
leaving now 2;00pm

Good to see you got done waxing in the frame!  Shocked safe travels!

Waxing the frame,,,,, you guys are really going to be disappointed in my DD quality wagon. I will be lucky if my wife has time to vacuum out a cubic yard of sand out of the carpet before we leave. I gave up on finishing the window tint before I leave.
Back to top Go down
steel-and-fire

PostSubject: Re: I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now !   I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 4:32 pm

Not so sure frederick. Mine has its share of DD damage.
And after some memory lane time at Ithaca, I have arrived at Microtel.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/weltallid123
bigbluey88

bigbluey88

PostSubject: Re: I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now !   I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 4:36 pm

Agree I'm looking forward to seeing another boxy wagon!!! Yeah my 86 is nice but your definitely not going to see a completely mint exterior and interior I have kids and it is our family cruiser! It's in great condition not excellent.
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now !   I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now ! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 7:20 pm

Where's the we've arrived thread? Jessie and I are just relaxing by the fire now. Hopefully meet up with some of you guys tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

PostSubject: Re: I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now !   I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now ! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 3:11 am

OK all ready 10 mins behind schedule, leaving SOON.... ohio, pa, ny here we come.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now !   I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now ! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 7:05 am

Heading out the door.

tom
Back to top Go down
bigbluey88

bigbluey88

PostSubject: Re: I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now !   I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now ! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 7:13 am

Leaving soon be at Mikes by 330-4
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now !   I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now ! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 7:29 am

Half way there. So far so good.
Back to top Go down
Big Wagon Guy

Big Wagon Guy

PostSubject: Re: I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now !   I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now ! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 8:16 am

I'm leaving in 20 min. My 383 LE2 95 Gold Caprice Wagon from California was to be the WF ride...unfortunately the newly professionally rebuilt 3.73 rear end has decided to explode with less then 50 miles on it! So glad I took it to a shop and paid them!!

Was going to bring one of the Corvettes...but have decided to bring my BEATER 94 Caprice Wagon. It is Wagon Fest after all. I really hope we have an award for best beater or back up ride...wait till you guys/gals see it...shes as ugly as sin but as dependable as an axe Smile

Safe travels everyone...looking forward to seeing you all soon.
Back to top Go down
Richtoon

Richtoon

PostSubject: Re: I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now !   I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now ! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 10:12 am

As the thread sez, I'm leaving for WagonFest now! 10:10 AM, Raymond Maine. Should be there well in time for Geneva show
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now !   I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now ! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 3:37 pm

Arrived!! Staying in Canandaigua. Currently at 200OZ's watching him wax his wagon!
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now !   I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now ! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2015 7:47 pm

40 more miles and you could have helped me paint my hood.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now !   I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now ! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 6:42 am

I'll be leaving aroound 8:00am with the intend of arriving around 9:00 am to set up.
I wish every one who has not yet arrived a great trip. We'll all see you in just a few hours.

Dave

Parade Ggrand Marshall and amateur sheep shearer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now !   I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm Leaving for Wagonfest now !
Page 1 of 1