GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Leepu and Pitbull Tonight!

Go down 
+5
YachtDriver
Wagoninabox
MalibuSSwagon
rjathon
silverfox103
9 posters
AuthorMessage
silverfox103
silverfox103

Leepu and Pitbull Tonight! Empty
PostSubject: Leepu and Pitbull Tonight!   Leepu and Pitbull Tonight! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 8:14 pm

As previously mentioned by Fred K, looks like tonight is the night for the customizing of a 91 Caprice wagon.

Not a big fan of their show, as Leepu is pretty rough around the edges, but anyways, it's on at 10 pm Tuesday on the History Channel right after Kounts Customs.

Tom
Back to top Go down
rjathon

rjathon

PostSubject: Re: Leepu and Pitbull Tonight!   Leepu and Pitbull Tonight! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 8:53 am

Thank you Tom. It was interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leepu and Pitbull Tonight!   Leepu and Pitbull Tonight! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 1:58 pm

I fell asleep, but I liked the end result. Glad I popped in on LR to check this post because I saw it at 10:05 PM right as the show started.
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: Leepu and Pitbull Tonight!   Leepu and Pitbull Tonight! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 2:40 pm

so how did it come out?
Back to top Go down
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

PostSubject: Re: Leepu and Pitbull Tonight!   Leepu and Pitbull Tonight! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 2:45 pm

How fitting to put a boat motor in the wagon!  

I laughed out loud when a worker pulled out the drivers side rear compartment and tipped it and was bathed in trapped water that came from the compartment!  Loved it as he exclaimed "what the hell?".  If they only new our leak problems!

I was not crazy about the final product as it looked too forced and did not have the typical seamless look.  Not sure 1965 and 1991 parts was the best meld.
Back to top Go down
YachtDriver

YachtDriver

PostSubject: Re: Leepu and Pitbull Tonight!   Leepu and Pitbull Tonight! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 3:11 pm

I watched with some heavy DVR use.

Ignoring the "Drama" I was able to get through it.

I agree that one of the best scenes was the rear compartment soaking the unaware worker.

It was interesting to see the 65 parts melded onto a 91. It looked like a rush job. The panel gaps were all over the place. It was an interesting effort. I don't know if I really like it or not. I would have to see the car in person. There was a lot of stuff that just didn't look planned out.

The cars built by Leepu never seem complete to me. Always rushed and never refined. I remember watching the earlier shows with him and Bernie in London and Bangalore. Pretty much the same format. They just tweaked it for the American market.

Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Leepu and Pitbull Tonight!   Leepu and Pitbull Tonight! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 4:04 pm

Im with Yachtdriver. I felt the end result looked rushed,and unfinished. Im also calling bull feces on the budget. I can appreciate our rides getting shown some love,but this seems a little incest like. affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leepu and Pitbull Tonight!   Leepu and Pitbull Tonight! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 4:37 pm

I laughed when they tried to put the motor and trans in with the intake and distributor.

Been there, done that. Doesn't work that way buddy.
Back to top Go down
GSBULLDOG

GSBULLDOG

PostSubject: Re: Leepu and Pitbull Tonight!   Leepu and Pitbull Tonight! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 6:02 pm

It was interesting to say the least . I'm with Andebe it was nice to see the cars we love get a little of the lime light . But besides that I may not catch another episode lol .
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Leepu and Pitbull Tonight!   Leepu and Pitbull Tonight! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 6:50 pm

I loved the engine installation too. I said it was not going to go in before Pitbull started. I did not like the tail light install. I thought it looked hokey...too close together, and other issues. I did not think about the boat motor comment, but it is really appropriate. The interior looked nice. Since they put headers on the engine, they had to install a different exhaust, and did not elaborate on it. I wonder what they did.

I do not think I would let them touch my car(s).
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Leepu and Pitbull Tonight!   Leepu and Pitbull Tonight! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 10:39 am

They never kept the camera on the total product for more than a second...just showed the front and back...not really the thing as a whole....but I thought it was neat. The tail lights were restricted more toward the center since the gate had to open like a door too. That was the weirdest thing for me.

Someone needs to get him on here so we can find out more Smile Or get him to a WagonFest.

I was bummed they painted the wagon, but left the firewall....would have taken a min to rattle spray it black when the motor was out....that would drive me nuts.

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Leepu and Pitbull Tonight!   Leepu and Pitbull Tonight! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Chris,I noticed that too. They never gave the viewer a real clean look at the car. Everything was quick,quick,quick...
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Leepu and Pitbull Tonight!   Leepu and Pitbull Tonight! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2015 6:05 pm

As I have thought right along, Leepu does have skills, but make no doubt about it; he is a hack.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leepu and Pitbull Tonight!   Leepu and Pitbull Tonight! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leepu and Pitbull Tonight!
Page 1 of 1