GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

swap driver's seat for passenger seat?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bert Slater

Bert Slater

swap driver's seat for passenger seat? Empty
PostSubject: swap driver's seat for passenger seat?   swap driver's seat for passenger seat? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 8:55 am

Anyone swapped out passenger seat for drivers seat on 60/40 bench? I have a 94 Roady and I was wondering if anyone has turned their 60/40 into buckets? If the passenger seat cover and cushion were obtained would I also need the 40 seat frame or could the 60 frame just have the center frame removed and used with passenger cushion and cover? Then I could find a center console high enough to really use as an arm rest, support for a cluster of gauges under dash as well as "window" controls for rear wind wings to open and close?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: swap driver's seat for passenger seat?   swap driver's seat for passenger seat? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 9:12 am

That is a regular thing to do. You have to move the tilt mechanism to the left side of the seat. It will bolt right in. There are a couple of consoles that will work for you. The blazer consoles are a frequent option. The only catch is that you have to use the same style seat that you have now. The limited seats do not work on the standard rails.

You can also pull the driver's side, and remove the bottom seat cover, then cut the metal frame for the arm rest off, finally reattach the cover, pulling the extra material over the inside and hog ringing it to the seat frame. You will hardly notice the mod when you have a console installed.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: swap driver's seat for passenger seat?   swap driver's seat for passenger seat? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 10:21 am

There is a write up on here somewhere about the wing window mod. Buickestate? Maybe...9C1 buckets will bolt write in,if you dont want to use two passengers seats.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: swap driver's seat for passenger seat?   swap driver's seat for passenger seat? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 10:31 am

See signature pictures below: two passenger seats and Blazer console.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: swap driver's seat for passenger seat?   swap driver's seat for passenger seat? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

swap driver's seat for passenger seat?
Page 1 of 1