GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Heat and vent smells like coolant

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mattb

Heat and vent smells like coolant Empty
PostSubject: Heat and vent smells like coolant   Heat and vent smells like coolant Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 6:24 pm

When I turn the heat or the vent on I smell coolant blowing into the car. The previous owner said the cooling system was recently flushed and all new fluid was added. The level in the tank is ok. He also told me the heat doesn't work great which is why I turned it on. My first thought was to get a new thermostat and flush the system again since I'm not sure if it was properly flushed or just drained and re-filled. If I smell coolant in the car that means there's a leak somewhere right? Most likely in the heater core?
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Heat and vent smells like coolant   Heat and vent smells like coolant Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 6:40 pm

Heater core needs replacing.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Mattb

PostSubject: Re: Heat and vent smells like coolant   Heat and vent smells like coolant Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 6:52 pm

That's what I thought. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heat and vent smells like coolant   Heat and vent smells like coolant Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heat and vent smells like coolant
Page 1 of 1