HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Standard Seat Tracks Conversion to Power?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bert Slater

PostSubject: Standard Seat Tracks Conversion to Power?   Fri 25 Sep 2015 - 4:58

I have a 96 limited w/power seats and have found a beautiful seat unfortunately not power. So are there any power tracks that accept standard seats?
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: Standard Seat Tracks Conversion to Power?   Fri 25 Sep 2015 - 7:56

Yes just bolt them onto the seats. Usually you can just unbolt the power tracks and bolt them onto another seat.
Back to top Go down
Bert Slater

PostSubject: Re: Standard Seat Tracks Conversion to Power?   Fri 25 Sep 2015 - 9:22

i thought limited seats and standard seats took a different track/mounting? The bolt pattern to the wagon floor is same. The pattern on the seats/tracks to each other were different. So can i reuse the tracks formerly attached to limited seats for standard?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Standard Seat Tracks Conversion to Power?   Fri 25 Sep 2015 - 19:59

The limited seats are different. You can only replace the seat/rail package as a unit. You will loose the lumbar, heat, and a number of other features. The connectors may be different as well, because the standard seats only activate from the door. You need the standard power seat tracks. The mounts on the floor are the same. I do not know where Melrose is in FL, so I can not recommend a junk yard. There are no B bodies in Orlando, or Daytona.
Back to top Go down
Bert Slater

PostSubject: Re: Standard Seat Tracks Conversion to Power?   Fri 25 Sep 2015 - 20:27

thanks fred. besides b bodies, are there any other gm cars that use the same standard power tracks?

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Standard Seat Tracks Conversion to Power?   Fri 25 Sep 2015 - 21:32

In a simple answer, no.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Standard Seat Tracks Conversion to Power?   

Back to top Go down

Standard Seat Tracks Conversion to Power?
Page 1 of 1