GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Standard Seat Tracks Conversion to Power?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bert Slater

Bert Slater

Standard Seat Tracks Conversion to Power? Empty
PostSubject: Standard Seat Tracks Conversion to Power?   Standard Seat Tracks Conversion to Power? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 4:58 am

I have a 96 limited w/power seats and have found a beautiful seat unfortunately not power. So are there any power tracks that accept standard seats?
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: Standard Seat Tracks Conversion to Power?   Standard Seat Tracks Conversion to Power? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 7:56 am

Yes just bolt them onto the seats. Usually you can just unbolt the power tracks and bolt them onto another seat.
Back to top Go down
Bert Slater

Bert Slater

PostSubject: Re: Standard Seat Tracks Conversion to Power?   Standard Seat Tracks Conversion to Power? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 9:22 am

i thought limited seats and standard seats took a different track/mounting? The bolt pattern to the wagon floor is same. The pattern on the seats/tracks to each other were different. So can i reuse the tracks formerly attached to limited seats for standard?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Standard Seat Tracks Conversion to Power?   Standard Seat Tracks Conversion to Power? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 7:59 pm

The limited seats are different. You can only replace the seat/rail package as a unit. You will loose the lumbar, heat, and a number of other features. The connectors may be different as well, because the standard seats only activate from the door. You need the standard power seat tracks. The mounts on the floor are the same. I do not know where Melrose is in FL, so I can not recommend a junk yard. There are no B bodies in Orlando, or Daytona.
Back to top Go down
Bert Slater

Bert Slater

PostSubject: Re: Standard Seat Tracks Conversion to Power?   Standard Seat Tracks Conversion to Power? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 8:27 pm

thanks fred. besides b bodies, are there any other gm cars that use the same standard power tracks?

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Standard Seat Tracks Conversion to Power?   Standard Seat Tracks Conversion to Power? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 9:32 pm

In a simple answer, no.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Standard Seat Tracks Conversion to Power?   Standard Seat Tracks Conversion to Power? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Standard Seat Tracks Conversion to Power?
Page 1 of 1