GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey

Go down 
+9
95BRMW
silverfox103
phantom 309
mtrhead79
Andebe
brokecello
BigBlackBeaSSt
DBeaSSt
Steve Smith
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve Smith

time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey Empty
PostSubject: time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey   time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 10:21 am

According to today's weather update, hurricane is now a category 4. Could be worse than Sandy. This isn't just some rain for the event. Strong winds, HEAVY rain, flooding, etc. Not worth the trip based on latest info. If just a raining trip, no biggie, a category 4 hurricane however.........No shame in canceling due to this. There's always another Wagonfest. Sorry, I'm reluctantly out.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey   time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 12:12 pm

Sorry you won't be able to join us. Being that you're much further east, I can understand the concerns for sure.

I'm still planning on going but will make a final call tomorrow as the track for the storm clears up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey   time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 12:22 pm

Steve we will take you off the list. I would guess folks have non-cancel rates on hotels as far as I am concerned we are getting together no matter. I don't want to put anyone in harms way so if you change your plans just let me know. This weekend is my ONLY shot to do this before snow flies, so I cannot re-schedule it. You are all big boys and girls and can judge on your own to come or not.

We can make it a Hurricane Party if necessary!! After-all its ONLY a category 4..... Shocked
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey   time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 1:23 pm

Well, I am coming regardless. Packed and leaving in a few hours.  Sorry you can't make it...but it is what it is.  Been looking forward to the exhibit and trip for a while.

The main threat I think (and what I was worried about from the start on my end) was flooding / poor driving conditions from the heavy rains.  I think the main part of the storm will stay offshore (not that I know anything) but its the wrap-around moisture / bands that will cause havoc for the Sun drive back to South Carolina.  I think Fri and Sat will just be regular old rain.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at1.shtml?5-daynl#contents

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey   time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 3:57 pm

Will there be,"I survived WF Hurricane Party" t-shirts?
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey   time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 5:02 pm

i just saw that they r saying now it will be more out to see. i plan on still coming but will check weather tomorrow night. as long as it goes out to sea i am in
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey   time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 5:28 pm

It would make for some great adventure stories,..wind,. flooding,. wagons,..

but then again,. it is called the wagon weenie forum,..
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey   time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 5:40 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
It would make for some great adventure stories,..wind,. flooding,. wagons,..

but then again,. it is called the wagon weenie forum,..

Don't get your OPTI wet.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey   time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 6:06 pm

time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey 693__400x400_homer-doh
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey   time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 6:12 pm

I fearlessly hose down my opti, bring on the flood!
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey   time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 6:30 pm

I just heard the weather report and they said the hurricane may go out to sea and not even hit the east coast.  Stay tuned.

Last edited by silverfox103 on Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MG Davis

MG Davis

PostSubject: Re: time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey   time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 6:42 pm

Damn, wish I could take over somebody's pre-paid hotel room. Might saddle up and drive from Orlando!
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey   time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 6:48 pm

I survived "Hurricane Hersey" t-shirts

Hmmm... I wonder...
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey   time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 9:24 pm

lakeffect wrote:

Hmmm... I wonder...
What an original idea!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey   time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 9:43 pm

Andebe wrote:
lakeffect wrote:

Hmmm... I wonder...
What an original idea!

thanks fred!
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey   time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2015 11:49 pm

Very little rain here today Question If what John (mtrhead79)said he heard them report on local news is true , and the storm might possibly be moving out to sea and bypassing PA (as far as the rough stuff), this could be doable after all. He's going to keep a close eye on local weather reports and let me know tomorrow evening early .
Stranger things have happened Neutral
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey   time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 12:10 am

The weather reports are looking better for Friday, and Saturday.
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey   time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 6:14 am

The current position of the storm and predicted track will not be anywhere NEAR Hershey until long after Wagonfest on Saturday. I still can't go, but there's no need to cancel unless you are driving from Cuba. See: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1+shtml/093717.shtml?5-daynl
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey   time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2015 4:02 pm

If the rain is bad, we can move to an empty parking garage on City Island after we all meet up in Hershey.  We can call that the storm shelter!!

SEE THE AGENDA OF EVENTS FOR DETAILS!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey   time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

time to realistically re-evaluate Hershey
Page 1 of 1