HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Compressor short-cycling in cool weather?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
atlantadan

PostSubject: Compressor short-cycling in cool weather?   Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:24 pm

I'm getting conflicting info on this, so i thought I'd ask here.

The temps have been in the 50s in the mornings and I've noticed that my compressor is clicking on and off at a much greater frequency than its ever done before. In the summer months, I never noticed it doing this. Is this related to the cool weather or is it instead due to low freon?
Back to top Go down
nstg8r

PostSubject: Re: Compressor short-cycling in cool weather?   Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:31 pm

As far as I know that's almost always a low pressure situation. But that is controlled by a pressure switch that could be going out or the connector. The sensor is on the back side of the dryer.
Back to top Go down
AzDon

PostSubject: Re: Compressor short-cycling in cool weather?   Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:48 pm

In cool weather the A/C runs in defrost mode to remove moisture from the air it is blowing at the windshield...... Since it almost never gets that cold here;) I'm not sure what normal cycling is for defrost.....Short cycling can be the result of TOO MUCH pressure, so you really ought to get a set of gauges on there to see whats up.....
Back to top Go down
http://v-driveboat.com
Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Compressor short-cycling in cool weather?   Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:09 pm

The only time my compressor short cycles is when the system is low on refrigerant.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Compressor short-cycling in cool weather?   Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:54 pm

i have had other cars that cycle when ever the front defroster is on and it was normal. i have never used the defrost on my wagon
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
atlantadan

PostSubject: Re: Compressor short-cycling in cool weather?   Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:15 pm

Thanks for the replies. I went out after work (it was 80'ish) and the compressor functioned as-normal, and didn't short cycle at all. This issue didn't start until the morning temps dropped below 60 or so, and only appears to do it when its cold/cool outside. I'll take it in and see how it is on freon just to be safe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Compressor short-cycling in cool weather?   

Back to top Go down

Compressor short-cycling in cool weather?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1