GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Transmission

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
200OZ
200OZ

Transmission Empty
PostSubject: Transmission   Transmission Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 1:37 pm

I need a good auto transmission for my 1994 Buick Roadmaster wagon. Anyone have any, or any leads on one? North East area would be best. I can do a 6-7 hour drive from Rochester, NY.  With my van of course.... I do have a little cash to work with.

The best quote I have is $1050 for a rebuild on my bad trans if I drop it off. No warranty though, upgrades, and a warranty is another $300.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Big Wagon Guy

Big Wagon Guy

Transmission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transmission   Transmission Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 6:08 pm

Oh NO! Your either a hard man on a transmission or have incredibly bad luck...or perhaps a little of both?
Back to top Go down
Big Wagon Guy

Big Wagon Guy

Transmission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transmission   Transmission Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 6:20 pm

Mike I don't know this person but if you want to connect with him/her I'm happy to pick it up and bring it to you.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-transmission-drive-train/oshawa-durham-region/l60e-tranny/1113767155?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Transmission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transmission   Transmission Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 6:34 pm

Big Wagon Guy wrote:
Mike I don't know this person but if you want to connect with him/her I'm happy to pick it up and bring it to you.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-transmission-drive-train/oshawa-durham-region/l60e-tranny/1113767155?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

John and Mike

That's a pretty good deal. Looks like that ad is in Canadian dollars. If so that's $263 USD. You won't beat that.

Tom
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

Transmission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transmission   Transmission Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 8:02 pm

I'm harder than your average bear I'm sure, but the trans had issues right away. I've been babying it from the start. It went bang this am with no forward gears what so ever. I drove 1.5 miles back home in reverse. Haha, my neck is still a bit sore. Laughing

That trans on Kjiji... could be a good deal. I'm not sure without knowing any history about it though. Swink has a lead on one from Butch's car. He's the guy that showed up at the Hershey WF with the flat black Caprice wagon with the opened up rear fenders. Fresh rebuild, with up graded internal with less than 5,000 miles. The hitch is that he drag races the car now and then. He's swapping a turbo LQ4/4L80e combo.
Back to top Go down
Big Wagon Guy

Big Wagon Guy

Transmission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transmission   Transmission Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 1:57 pm

Ya I was at Tim's place one time when that chap came over for a visit...he told us about a number of torture tests he had put his Wagon through Smile

Used stuff is always a crap shoot. If you want to invest the time in talking with the Kijiji person I'm happy to pick it up and bring it to you. As Tom already pointed out...you can pick it up for little Canadian dollars.

My offer re the Blue Beast still stands...drop me an email Sir.
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

Transmission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transmission   Transmission Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 4:12 pm

Sorry John, Email coming soonish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Transmission Empty
PostSubject: Re: Transmission   Transmission Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transmission
Page 1 of 1