GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hi from Southern Ontario, Canada....

Go down 
+3
Andebe
stewzer55
detroit_iron
7 posters
AuthorMessage
detroit_iron

detroit_iron

Hi from Southern Ontario, Canada.... Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Southern Ontario, Canada....   Hi from Southern Ontario, Canada.... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 2:23 pm

Just a quick introduction - I'm not really new to wagons or B-bodies, but I haven't had one in over 5 years. THE TIME HAS COME.....
I've had a 94 RMW for over 5 years, loved it until rust got so bad, I lost tools through holes in the trunk floor. Salt is pretty bad up here. The LT1 was mint, I found a 96 9c1 from out West that had no rust but a knock in the motor - and did the transplant after reading a bit into the 94-96 differences. Drove the 9c1 a while until my girlfriend moved in. Bought a truck for moving, renovating the house (suddenly the car parts in the living room weren't acceptable anymore), but now with a baby it just doesn't make any sense to jam a child seat into an extended cab, 4dr. trucks are expensive and to be honest...
EVERY CHILD should grow up on a rear-facing 3rd row seat while experiencing some major road trips.

I'm looking to buy a RMW asap. If anyone could help me out - here in Southern Ontario everything I'm finding is either rusted to the core or just not taken care of. I missed out on a 90k RMW 2 weeks ago, doesn't want that to happen again. I'll keep my eyes open on the "for sale" section.

Thanks a lot for accepting me!
Back to top Go down
stewzer55

stewzer55

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Southern Ontario, Canada....   Hi from Southern Ontario, Canada.... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 12:40 am

Welcome, hope you find what you're looking for in a car.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Southern Ontario, Canada....   Hi from Southern Ontario, Canada.... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 11:21 am

Welcome,and happy hunting...
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Southern Ontario, Canada....   Hi from Southern Ontario, Canada.... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 2:44 pm

whats your name,. and where in southern ontario?
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Southern Ontario, Canada....   Hi from Southern Ontario, Canada.... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 7:30 pm

I heard you like RMWs with red interiors, with a 2K budget. I've got a black WB4, and a DCM woodie. Which one would you like?
Back to top Go down
nstg8r

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Southern Ontario, Canada....   Hi from Southern Ontario, Canada.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 10:52 am

Welcome to the group, good luck on the hunt
Back to top Go down
Big Wagon Guy

Big Wagon Guy

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Southern Ontario, Canada....   Hi from Southern Ontario, Canada.... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2015 7:02 pm

Welcome to the Forum. Good luck with the search...hard to find decent B cars in our neck of the woods let alone a Wagon with specific interior colour. Touch base with Jay and rescue his Black WB4. Post up some pictures when you find the right car.
Back to top Go down
detroit_iron

detroit_iron

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Southern Ontario, Canada....   Hi from Southern Ontario, Canada.... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 12:20 pm

Just an update - I picked up a white 1994 RMW last weekend. Was rushing it a bit since my daily driver broke down (2010 Impala - apparently these newer GM cars are considered as totalled when the tranny is done and the mileage is over 200 kms)
The RMW spent most of its life in Naples, FL and still has all kinds of "free beach parking" stickers on it to prove it - next to NO rust. Being a former "snowbird" car, it has a lot of miles, 240000 - that translates to around 400k for Canadians. However - Paint is nice, wood on tailgate is BLEACHED OUT by the sun (never seen that?!), tires, transmission, waterpump and fuel pump are supposedly new and it drives as smooth as I remembered my old 94RMW from years back.
However, it's a 2.56 non towpack car with bleached out tan interior (not a fan...) and will need a bit to get it back to old glory, like wood-coloured trim paint, a properly geared posi rearend, I'll have to look into wiper motor and switch as it's not working, some nice torque trust or similar wheels and then the modding will begin...
Thanks for all the replies, and I'll figure out how to take pictures and post some...soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Southern Ontario, Canada....   Hi from Southern Ontario, Canada.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi from Southern Ontario, Canada....
Page 1 of 1