GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What a nice striptease! Now, naked?!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve Smith

What a nice striptease! Now, naked?!! Empty
PostSubject: What a nice striptease! Now, naked?!!   What a nice striptease! Now, naked?!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 5:15 pm

A very recent minor "fender bender" has prompted me to start doing proposed work on my '94 Caprice. Next step is fix any needed body work and give the 'ol girl a nice two tone paint job.
I really got a kick out of seeing that unblemished original paint protected for almost 22 years.

What a nice striptease! Now, naked?!! Naked_13
What a nice striptease! Now, naked?!! Naked_16
What a nice striptease! Now, naked?!! Naked_14
What a nice striptease! Now, naked?!! Naked_15
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: What a nice striptease! Now, naked?!!   What a nice striptease! Now, naked?!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 5:50 pm

Color ideas?
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: What a nice striptease! Now, naked?!!   What a nice striptease! Now, naked?!! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 7:01 pm

Area that was "wood", will be painted the same color as my other wagon, Light Adriatic Blue. I figured since both wagons have the same color cloth interior the blue and white combo should look nice.
Back to top Go down
Dutch Pete

Dutch Pete

PostSubject: Re: What a nice striptease! Now, naked?!!   What a nice striptease! Now, naked?!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 1:54 am

How did you remove the wood?
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: What a nice striptease! Now, naked?!!   What a nice striptease! Now, naked?!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 10:31 am

Dutch Pete wrote:
How did you remove the wood?
"Wood chipper" lol!
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: What a nice striptease! Now, naked?!!   What a nice striptease! Now, naked?!! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 11:04 am

I asked my supplier if 3M still made the aerosol cans of vinyl trim removal. I remember using that product back in the 70s -80s. Just spray it on the vinyl and it'll act like paint stripper but won't damage the paint. A bit messy but works good. I was told he could order some but at about $40 per can (??!!!) I said no thanks.

So I just took my time and used a professional heat gun. I'd say at least 85%-90% of the adhesive came with it.

Or if you have a woody and no longer want it just look at a picture of a 400+ pound naked female. Works every time Mad Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What a nice striptease! Now, naked?!!   What a nice striptease! Now, naked?!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What a nice striptease! Now, naked?!!
Page 1 of 1