GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

oil cooler gasket removal

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chunkyluver53

oil cooler gasket removal Empty
PostSubject: oil cooler gasket removal   oil cooler gasket removal Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 5:22 pm

I am replacing the gasket and o-ring this weekend. I have read many posts about the oil cooler itself, but few tips about actual removal. Any hints?? If I remember, someone used a buffing pad on a die grinder? I imagine with what a PITA, everyone says it is,  this will be fun. I apologize.....I have a 96 rmw
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: oil cooler gasket removal   oil cooler gasket removal Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 8:25 pm

Not sure what your asking, but if you remove the oil cooler you will just have to get the standard LT1 adapter without the lines on it. These are not the same as the old 350 as they have a offset in them so the filter does not hit the cat.

If you are just removing the gasket buy a can of gasket remover at you local parts store and use a single edge razor with some care.
Back to top Go down
chunkyluver53

PostSubject: Re: oil cooler gasket removal   oil cooler gasket removal Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 8:37 pm

I am just replacing the gasket. I have read what a pain it is to remove the old one, and wondered if anyone had concocted  a better solution than a razor blade.  "No school like the old school" I guess....☺
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: oil cooler gasket removal   oil cooler gasket removal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

oil cooler gasket removal
Page 1 of 1