HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

the look I want

Go down 
AuthorMessage
papa

PostSubject: the look I want   Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:31 pm

After looking at a lot of pictures I've decided what I want to do to the body of my Caprice. The body side moldings are definitely going in the trash. I also want to lose the rocker moldings. A couple of pieces of rocker moldings are missing already. Eventually it will get two-tone paint , I think. The car is dark blue now and I'm thinking light blue from about outer door handles down with dark blue upper and a bright blue stripe separating the colors.
I saw pictures of a wagon that someone had reshaped the rear wheel openings to look like sedan openings. I'm not sure about that, but it is interesting.
Back to top Go down
MG Davis

PostSubject: Re: the look I want   Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:36 pm

I think that car you're talking about is Fred Kiehl's "Flying Saucer." He's filled in the wheelwells somehow, and it does look really sharp.
Back to top Go down
papa

PostSubject: Re: the look I want   Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:44 pm

No, I like the car you're talking about , but the one I saw was on the other B-body site and the rear wheel wells had actually been enlarged and fender flares were added. I didn't like the flares ,but the larger, more round openings, exposing more tire were interesting.
Back to top Go down
MG Davis

PostSubject: Re: the look I want   Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:03 pm

Oh, i gotcha, going the other way with it. I like the filled wheel well look. Puts me in mind of a rodded out '50 Mercury or something like that.
Back to top Go down
AzDon

PostSubject: Re: the look I want   Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:37 pm

I've always liked cars with full rear wheel openings......Makes big wide tires easier to deal with..... I'm surprised to hear of that being possible on one of these wagons because of the door openings.....I think GM got the styling right on these wagons, but some of the side trim arrangements ARE cheezy (the stick-on stuff and plastic chrome)
These wagons look best with the "smoothy" look!
Back to top Go down
http://v-driveboat.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the look I want   

Back to top Go down

the look I want
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Paint, Body, and Glass-
Jump to: