GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list.

Go down 
+9
PatDTN
Dutch Pete
phantom 309
dmg4
stewzer55
Andebe
papa
Deadmanonduty
Steve Smith
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve Smith

What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list. Empty
PostSubject: What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list.   What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 9:56 am

With such a diverse collection of wagons represented here, I was just curious what each owner lists as changes (if any) they consider the most important. Some may want a nice mostly stock driver, others a hauler. or tow vehicle, or even full custom etc. Here are mine........

#1) a clean, well executed semi-custom , personalized one of a kind that is admired.

2) must be reliable with a nice sounding exhaust

3) able to tow my 4x8 utility trailer on occasion

4) must be quick enough to give most people (especially "punks") a run for their money.

I'm not as interested in a custom interior or a "killer" sound system. I rarely listen to any music in my cars. And as long as the stock brakes and suspension are as good as then can be, I have no interest in any upgrades. I like the "floaty" ride and don't care if my wagon handles like a Camaro SS.

Last edited by Steve Smith on Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list.   What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 3:26 pm

I like clean, stockish so it can tow/haul anything and of course Nascar loud exhaust, with simple bolt ons just for extra fun but great reliability!
Back to top Go down
papa

PostSubject: Re: What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list.   What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 3:35 pm

I choose # 2 and 3.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list.   What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 6:43 pm

Wheels and tires,tighter ride...nice sounding rumble. Something quirky,like floor console that looks factory. Tinted glass...
Back to top Go down
stewzer55

stewzer55

PostSubject: Re: What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list.   What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 9:23 pm

The ability to turn roundabouts into skidpads.
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list.   What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2016 9:43 pm

Rustfree southern car, low mileage, cathouse red inside and out, new shocks, new control arms, swaybar, ...oh wait... that's the car I have! Nuts!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list.   What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 1:27 am

catchy paint job,...
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list.   What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 1:34 am

phantom 309 wrote:
catchy paint job,...

For instance?
Back to top Go down
Dutch Pete

Dutch Pete

PostSubject: Re: What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list.   What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 2:15 am

Better discs in front, better still, discs all around. That warping of the front discs is really getting annoying..
Back to top Go down
papa

PostSubject: Re: What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list.   What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 7:04 am

Right now I'd like one that I could depend on not to overheat .
Back to top Go down
PatDTN

PostSubject: Re: What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list.   What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 11:33 am

I want to find a Denali donor for almost everything in the car. AC in the seats, four wheel disks, LS motor, 6 speed autobox, etcetera.
Back to top Go down
http://www.patdonahue.com
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list.   What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 7:17 pm

ls7, 6 speed and a rear window that goes down into the tailgate. rear door windows that go all way down and no B piller between the doors
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list.   What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 10:12 pm

mtrhead79 wrote:
ls7, 6 speed and a rear window that goes down into the tailgate. rear door windows that go all way down and no B piller between the doors

Reading this reminded me of my Dad's '66 Impala wagon. He bought it new and we kids would constantly play with the button under the driver's side dash that raised and lowered the rear window. First car our family had with a power window. oh baby!

I can relate to the whole back door windows not even going down 50%, what a joke! Mad
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list.   What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 10:21 pm

Steve Smith wrote:
mtrhead79 wrote:

Reading this reminded me of my Dad's '66 Impala wagon. He bought it new and we kids would constantly play with the button under the driver's side dash that raised and lowered the rear window. First car our family had with a power window. oh baby!

I can relate to the whole back door windows not even going down 50%, what a joke! Mad

Maybe someone could figure out how to put the RMS rear windows in the wagons.
Back to top Go down
Dutch Pete

Dutch Pete

PostSubject: Re: What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list.   What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 3:01 am

Yeah, was always wondering why the rears don't go down all the way. As of the rear window going down in the tailgate, I believe all the box wagons have them.
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list.   What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 5:47 am

"why the rears don't go down all the way"?

Safety of children in the back seat.

Somehow, I survived an era of metal dashboards, lack of seat belts or child seats, air bags, or other safety features.  Our Ford Country Squire was however well padded by 7 siblings and a conglomeration of cousins, fat aunts, beach balls, ice chests, and fishing tackle.
Back to top Go down
Bert Slater

Bert Slater

PostSubject: Re: What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list.   What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 9:10 am

roof racks for kayaks that look like antlers and 20 or 22 inch wheels that double as manure spreaders/cement mixers.
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list.   What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 10:18 am

The design of the rear door shell dictates how far down the glass can go. Doubt it's a safety thing, more of a design issue. There could possibly be a way to alter the bottom of the glass a bit and the "guts" so the window would lower more, but probably only another inch or so. Hardly worth the effort.
Back to top Go down
AzDon

AzDon

PostSubject: Re: What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list.   What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 12:42 am

Wait!..... The rear windows roll down?

Wish list? I want it ALL!
Back to top Go down
http://v-driveboat.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list.   What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What you want in a B body wagon. Your priority list.
Page 1 of 1