GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

flow thru ventilation

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
papa

flow thru ventilation Empty
PostSubject: flow thru ventilation   flow thru ventilation Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 12:47 pm

Anybody drive with windows down and rear quarter vents open. I imagine that would create a good flow of air thru the car. Only thing is, one hinge on both of my vent windows is loose from the glass. Until I find a good way to reattach the glass to the hinges I'm afraid the windows might blow out on the road. I have read all I can find on here about the reattachment attempts and am waiting to hear a for-sure method. If it's not worth the trouble I will just leave the windows alone.
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: flow thru ventilation   flow thru ventilation Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 1:39 pm

What about the 3M window weld caulking. Thats what its designed to do.

I used to do that often when we had a human remains with an odor. Its necessary to either open a front window some or turn vents on higher setting to move air in, otherwise it sucks the air from the back up to the front….trust me! lol
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: flow thru ventilation   flow thru ventilation Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 3:38 pm

others have also used the glue for the rearview...

To answer your question, yes it does give good flow, but you may be surprised to find out it flows back to front while underway. Simple physics can explain it. Car punches whole in the air, pressure is low so it sucks it out the front window. Now cabin pressure is low, so it pulls it in the back window. Smile
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: flow thru ventilation   flow thru ventilation Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 3:53 pm

My 9C1 has a bit of a musty odor to it, I cleaned it but the smell persists. It also has window visors so I leave the rear windows cracked most of the time, keeps the smell away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: flow thru ventilation   flow thru ventilation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

flow thru ventilation
Page 1 of 1