GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm ready for spring & summer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
papa

I'm ready for spring & summer Empty
PostSubject: I'm ready for spring & summer   I'm ready for spring & summer Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 10:33 am

Thinking ahead to warm weather... I've heard that tailgate glasses can explode if the heater is accidently turned on when the glass is already hot. I suppose it would be a good idea to pull the fuse after the chance of ice is past?I plan to watch for the opportunity to get a spare glass, but hope I never need it.
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: I'm ready for spring & summer   I'm ready for spring & summer Icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 11:11 pm

Exploding tailgate glass? Sounds like an urban legend to me. How on Earth could a minute current running through the appliqué defroster grid shatter a tempered glass window that tolerates slamming, vibration, temperature extremes, all under significant leverage from gas struts?
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: I'm ready for spring & summer   I'm ready for spring & summer Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2016 10:16 am

I'm ready for spring & summer 30936
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

PostSubject: Re: I'm ready for spring & summer   I'm ready for spring & summer Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 7:52 pm

Don't know about the rear glass exploding. But I can tell you if you have a chip in the front windshield and have your defrost on high at 90 degrees while your driving at highway speeds in sub 20 degree temps and hit a bump, the windshield will crack.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm ready for spring & summer   I'm ready for spring & summer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm ready for spring & summer
Page 1 of 1