GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

knock sensor failure

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
papa

knock sensor failure Empty
PostSubject: knock sensor failure   knock sensor failure Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 8:32 pm

After running great for a good long while , and getting me to work and back , suddenly today my Caprice lost power and began running very poorly. I first thought the fuel pump was failing , but disconnected the wire that goes to the distributor , that you unplug to check and set the timing and the engine ran good once again , but with the service engine light on. I replaced the knock sensor and now it is running good once again. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: knock sensor failure   knock sensor failure Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2016 12:43 pm

papa wrote:
After running great for a good long while , and getting me to work and back , suddenly today my Caprice lost power and began running very poorly. I first thought the fuel pump was failing , but disconnected the wire that goes to the distributor , that you unplug to check and set the timing and the engine ran good once again , but with the service engine light on. I replaced the knock sensor and now it is running good once again. Very Happy

what year is your caprice?
Back to top Go down
papa

PostSubject: Re: knock sensor failure   knock sensor failure Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2016 11:34 am

1991 5.0 TBI
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: knock sensor failure   knock sensor failure Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2016 9:17 am

papa wrote:
1991 5.0 TBI

Cool thanks. My 92 is running like crap and I can't figure out why. Will try this and see what's up...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: knock sensor failure   knock sensor failure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

knock sensor failure
Page 1 of 1