GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Which is more odd, the odd request or being able to fulfill it?

Go down 
+3
Mark 96 Roady
bigredwagon
Sprocket
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

Which is more odd, the odd request or being able to fulfill it? Empty
PostSubject: Which is more odd, the odd request or being able to fulfill it?   Which is more odd, the odd request or being able to fulfill it? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2016 - 23:33

So around 9PM, I got a message asking my if I 'happened' to have an extra b-body steering column.

Doesn't everyone? Actually, no most people don't. But then I'm not most people and it goes to show yet once again that my
B-body parts hoarding occasionally pays off. By 10:30PM I'm handing over a column with wheel, airbag, and key to my good friend Timmy G so he can get a customer's car back on the road.

Helping build up that boys rep as a miracle worker, lol. Seriously though who in the world on a Monday night can come up with such a part at moments notice? Super Tim, that's who. The boy has connections....

Back to top Go down
bigredwagon

bigredwagon

PostSubject: Re: Which is more odd, the odd request or being able to fulfill it?   Which is more odd, the odd request or being able to fulfill it? Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar 2016 - 23:58

That's a great story right there.

So is this where we submit our parts requests??
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Which is more odd, the odd request or being able to fulfill it?   Which is more odd, the odd request or being able to fulfill it? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2016 - 10:32

That's funny. Maybe speaks to your parts hoarding? Maybe??
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Which is more odd, the odd request or being able to fulfill it?   Which is more odd, the odd request or being able to fulfill it? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2016 - 10:37

I think it also goes to show what kind of nice community we have in this forum. Knowing who to reach out too,and not being judged about how odd your request is. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Which is more odd, the odd request or being able to fulfill it?   Which is more odd, the odd request or being able to fulfill it? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2016 - 11:41

Mark 96 Roady wrote:
That's funny. Maybe speaks to your parts hoarding? Maybe??

Surely, the wagon full of parts along with the garage full of parts, in addition to a shelf full of parts in a storage unit does NOT constitute hoarding!

I pulled that column in 2008 from a RMW destined to the boneyard. Had no idea what I would ever use it for but there you go.

Back to top Go down
YachtDriver

YachtDriver

PostSubject: Re: Which is more odd, the odd request or being able to fulfill it?   Which is more odd, the odd request or being able to fulfill it? Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar 2016 - 11:51

I have been on both sides. (requester and recipient) The only time I was unable to find a part was the rear ABS sensors for my first (93) Cadillac Fleetwood. Finally found them on Ebay from a parts yard in California. They have been out of production for quite a while now.

One of my best stories is on the B & D forum. It involves the purchase of the 1996 Black on Black Fleetwood from Dave. It was quite the adventure.

It's told here. Read the third to last post.
Story on B and D forum of NE

I have to say that with the help of this group I have been able to find some great parts to keep my fleet of B's and D's up and running.

Hoarding.. Yeah I do that.. Currently have a Garage full of parts at this time. I should really consider thinning it out... Nah. Might come in handy.
Back to top Go down
Dutch Pete

Dutch Pete

PostSubject: Re: Which is more odd, the odd request or being able to fulfill it?   Which is more odd, the odd request or being able to fulfill it? Icon_minitimeFri 18 Mar 2016 - 10:59

I must admit, a lot of parts, especially rare in Europe, are available through this forum. A big thumbs up....
Back to top Go down
AzDon

AzDon

PostSubject: Re: Which is more odd, the odd request or being able to fulfill it?   Which is more odd, the odd request or being able to fulfill it? Icon_minitimeSat 26 Mar 2016 - 22:18

I feel guilty for not having space to store most of the good parts I could get from this 91 OCC I'm dismantling...... I've decided that I'm going to photograph each wave of parts I plan to discard a couple of weeks ahead and post "last chance" notices to the board.....
Back to top Go down
http://v-driveboat.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which is more odd, the odd request or being able to fulfill it?   Which is more odd, the odd request or being able to fulfill it? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which is more odd, the odd request or being able to fulfill it?
Page 1 of 1