GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Need new headliner foor my Caprice

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Capricefreak

Capricefreak

Need new headliner foor my Caprice Empty
PostSubject: Need new headliner foor my Caprice   Need new headliner foor my Caprice Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 2:28 am

Hey guys, the headliner of my '91 Chevrolet Caprice wagon is in need of replacement. It's getting loose all over the place. So, I need a new one. Does anyone know where to order one, I need a tan one. And is this a job you can do yourself or do you need an expert?
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Need new headliner foor my Caprice   Need new headliner foor my Caprice Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 10:12 am

Yes,its a job you can do yourself,depending on your skill set and patience. Shops around my area want $250-300 for the factory look.
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Need new headliner foor my Caprice   Need new headliner foor my Caprice Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 1:59 pm

I just had an upholstery shop do it (insurance claim), but you could do it yourself. The upholstery shop will just match the colour and order fabric.

While it's out, you can reseal the roofrack and put dynamat on your roof. Check out amazon.com for the dynamat. I noticed they often have "used" boxes at a really decent price.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Need new headliner foor my Caprice   Need new headliner foor my Caprice Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 2:50 pm

I had mine done at an interior shop. REALLY common thing down here in Texas where the head bakes the roof and these dry out and fall. It was about $150 to do my Roadmaster...including the big hole for the Vista roof! Wink
Back to top Go down
Capricefreak

Capricefreak

PostSubject: Re: Need new headliner foor my Caprice   Need new headliner foor my Caprice Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2016 5:52 pm

Thanks for the info. Maybe it will be cheaper for me if I first try to buy it overhere in the Netherlands. It doesn't have to be 100% correct with the original as long as it is tan like the rest of my interior. And maybe I'll give it a try and do it myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need new headliner foor my Caprice   Need new headliner foor my Caprice Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need new headliner foor my Caprice
Page 1 of 1