GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Steering wheels with audio controls in a RM?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bert Slater

Bert Slater

Steering wheels with audio controls in a RM? Empty
PostSubject: Steering wheels with audio controls in a RM?   Steering wheels with audio controls in a RM? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 9:36 am

Has anyone had any success adapting a Buick wheel/column to a RMW? I would love the audio and climate controls from our old 96 Riviera in my 96RMW. So say the airbag/wheel, and pulling more wires, will the climate control and cd stereo accept auxiliary inputs? And the column, any issues with wheel assemblies?
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheels with audio controls in a RM?   Steering wheels with audio controls in a RM? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 10:17 am

I know the Monte Carlo wheel has been done,and I think David has done one from a Park Ave.
Back to top Go down
Big Wagon Guy

Big Wagon Guy

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheels with audio controls in a RM?   Steering wheels with audio controls in a RM? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2016 10:42 pm

I had a Roadmaster that I had swapped a radio control steering wheel from a 90's Park Avenue. Worked fine...I used a write up from a Monte Carol install I had found. I did not swap the column but used the wheel and clock spring from the donor car and added the wires needed.

In the end everything worked and I could control the radio volume. I did not try to make the HVAC work...but I seem to recall seeing a write up where others had tried but failed.

Back to top Go down
Bert Slater

Bert Slater

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheels with audio controls in a RM?   Steering wheels with audio controls in a RM? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 1:43 am

so maybe I can do something else with the climate control? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuihSZXsIJ4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheels with audio controls in a RM?   Steering wheels with audio controls in a RM? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steering wheels with audio controls in a RM?
Page 1 of 1