HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Chevy Caprice Classic still in public use

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wagoninabox

PostSubject: Chevy Caprice Classic still in public use   Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:09 am

Was in Virginia City over Memorial Day weekend.  Was blown away to see a B body still in use for the Storey County School District!  The interior was getting tired and there was a faded post-it note over the odometer that said it doesn't work!

It appeared to have been a police rig at one time as it had holes in the rear quarter panels for the long whip antennas and has the dual Spotlights.
Back to top Go down
Big Wagon Guy

PostSubject: Re: Chevy Caprice Classic still in public use   Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:17 pm

That's awesome. 6 months ago I saw two 94's still in service with the City of Pigeon Forge TN.

Last edited by Big Wagon Guy on Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MG Davis

PostSubject: Re: Chevy Caprice Classic still in public use   Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:30 pm

THere was an article linked here a couple months ago about a command car that had been used very little, and a patrol officer took it over as his daily beat car. Was really neat to see.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Chevy Caprice Classic still in public use   Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:10 am

It looks well used.
Back to top Go down
81X11

PostSubject: Re: Chevy Caprice Classic still in public use   Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:30 am

Can't kill em!
Back to top Go down
harrisons13

PostSubject: Re: Chevy Caprice Classic still in public use   Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:18 am

Apparently a town in IL has a few, can't remember the name, it isn't the story we all heard though,but I forgot the name. LA retired their last one in late 2012, it was for sale on CL by the second owner last year. I love seeing these 9C1s still going, my local department sadly retired them all several years ago. I miss seeing them down here, I've seen good number of new Zeta ones thought at least haha. I like to watch Worlds Wildest Police chases videos on YouTube, they have lots of these whipping around corners catching criminals in chases.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Chevy Caprice Classic still in public use   Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:36 pm

harrisons13 wrote:
I like to watch Worlds Wildest Police chases videos on YouTube, they have lots of these whipping around corners catching criminals in chases.

I like to watch the caprices just motor past the fords when they are doing a high speed chase,.
the oklahoma chase was fun to watch,. even the 5.0 mustang was no match for the dcm SS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chevy Caprice Classic still in public use   

Back to top Go down

Chevy Caprice Classic still in public use
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1