GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

batt drain over night whats up with that

Go down 
+2
Fred Kiehl
lugnutz
6 posters
AuthorMessage
lugnutz

lugnutz

batt drain  over night whats up with that Empty
PostSubject: batt drain over night whats up with that   batt drain  over night whats up with that Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 4:00 pm

bat is fine alternator is charging, i turn off everything at night and in the morning .everything is dead how do i find the prolbem ?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: batt drain over night whats up with that   batt drain  over night whats up with that Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 4:32 pm

It could be your cargo bay lights. You will have to check circuits. I had a wire trapped beside a screw for about 2-3 months before it shorted. Try pulling the fuses one at a time, and check for current draw by putting an ammeter across the contacts. If one is drawing current it will show up. Check the always hot circuits first. It could be a dead battery too, have it checked.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: batt drain over night whats up with that   batt drain  over night whats up with that Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 4:57 pm

Check your wife. My buddy had this problem. Every time his wife drove the car, the battery would drain overnight. When he drove it, no problem. Happened twice. No lie.
Back to top Go down
lugnutz

lugnutz

PostSubject: Re: batt drain over night whats up with that   batt drain  over night whats up with that Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 6:10 pm

hahahaha well this is my car the wife has a brand car she does not getg to drive my car hell no
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: batt drain over night whats up with that   batt drain  over night whats up with that Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 9:01 am

Had a similar problem... replaced batteries... alternators couldn't find the problem.

It turned out to be that the rear window defroster would not turn off. I figured it out on one cold Fall morning when the windows were all frosted over, but the rear window was steaming hot. All summer I hadn't noticed.

Beyond that it's getting out the multimeter and start probing the fuse box to see what circuit is still on when everything else is off. Keep in mind things like the ECM and dash board clock always have some power to them.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: batt drain over night whats up with that   batt drain  over night whats up with that Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:15 pm

My 94 CHevy has the same issue, but it takes 3 days to kill the battery. No rear defroster so it's something else. Mostly noticeable as I only run the car about once every 2 weeks and it's ALWAYS frigging dead. I just put the charger on it the day before now. Gotta get that sorted but it's a background project..... curious to hear what you find.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: batt drain over night whats up with that   batt drain  over night whats up with that Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:29 pm

FYI he no longer owns a wagon. He's got a 9C1 now.

(Brian you should have included that). Good luck finding it, what I found out was I stupidly left my inside light on and couldn't see it because of my dark tint. D'oh!
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: batt drain over night whats up with that   batt drain  over night whats up with that Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:36 pm

sherlock9c1 wrote:
Check your wife. My buddy had this problem. Every time his wife drove the car, the battery would drain overnight. When he drove it, no problem. Happened twice. No lie.

Joel I would bet the farm that she wasn't shutting the tailgate (Swing) hard enough and the dash light would kill it.

That was all too common both here with the kids and whenever a new employee drove it. That would show up though when the car was boosted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: batt drain over night whats up with that   batt drain  over night whats up with that Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:41 pm

My friends NEVER shut the tailgate hard enough. I'm constantly telling them about it. And sometimes with mine, you have to shut it both ways before it finally decides to turn the lights off. Not sure why.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: batt drain over night whats up with that   batt drain  over night whats up with that Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

batt drain over night whats up with that
Page 1 of 1