GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

2" Receiver Hitch Wanted

Go down 
+3
Deadmanonduty
DROLDS2U
Dr.Oldsmobile
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr.Oldsmobile

2" Receiver Hitch Wanted Empty
PostSubject: 2" Receiver Hitch Wanted   2" Receiver Hitch Wanted Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 11:50 am

I'm looking for a 2" receiver hitch for my '91 OCC. I plan on some serious hauling so the 1 1/4" 3,500 lb jobs won't do. I'm in Kansas, but drive to Michigan and Georgia from time to time, so a short side trip to save on shipping won't break my heart.
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

PostSubject: Re: 2" Receiver Hitch Wanted   2" Receiver Hitch Wanted Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 7:00 pm

harder to find than a ram air hood
Back to top Go down
Dr.Oldsmobile

PostSubject: Re: 2" Receiver Hitch Wanted   2" Receiver Hitch Wanted Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2016 7:56 pm

Yup!

I need a hood & grille, too, but the hitch is becoming a higher priority.
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: 2" Receiver Hitch Wanted   2" Receiver Hitch Wanted Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 5:18 am

You'd be better off having a fab shop make you one. They are very rare. I took a sedan hitch and welded it to the frame on my wagon!
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: 2" Receiver Hitch Wanted   2" Receiver Hitch Wanted Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 6:59 pm

I have a NIB hitch but its for the box wagons. Does anyone know if anything on the frames changed?
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: 2" Receiver Hitch Wanted   2" Receiver Hitch Wanted Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 8:01 pm

i still have that big hitch i can bring it to wf,.
Back to top Go down
TheRoadmasterKing

PostSubject: Re: 2" Receiver Hitch Wanted   2" Receiver Hitch Wanted Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 9:25 am

IDK if they could do anything but I know U-haul installs hitches on almost anything. Give your local U-Haul truck rental store a call and ask. It's worth a try I guess.
Back to top Go down
Dr.Oldsmobile

PostSubject: Re: 2" Receiver Hitch Wanted   2" Receiver Hitch Wanted Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 1:30 pm

TheRoadmasterKing wrote:
IDK if they could do anything but I know U-haul installs hitches on almost anything. Give your local U-Haul truck rental store a call and ask. It's worth a try I guess.

Believe me, I've checked everywhere.  I've known that I wanted a 2" WD hitch since I bought the car in 2012, but it looks like all new manufacturers disco'd them by 2011 (it appears the Reese and U-Haul hitches were made by Draw-Tite, which is why they all dried up at the same time). The only real options at this point are used, or custom fab.

I'm planning an all-new custom exhaust out the rear to go with my Rocket 350 swap, and I figure I'll be sorry if I get pipes fitted this fall and don't have the hitch in place first!

I've thought I had one 3 or 4 times now and it has never panned out, but I think this thread has got me going...
Back to top Go down
Dr.Oldsmobile

PostSubject: Re: 2" Receiver Hitch Wanted   2" Receiver Hitch Wanted Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 3:57 pm

Well, well... Lookie what the bus brought me today!

2" Receiver Hitch Wanted Image10
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 2" Receiver Hitch Wanted   2" Receiver Hitch Wanted Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2016 7:22 pm

They must not have liked the way I wrapped it...or maybe it was a test to see what it would endure. That looks like it went to China on a slow boat. Glad you got it, and enjoy using it. You probably have to drill out the bottom holes in the bumper shocks.
Back to top Go down
Dr.Oldsmobile

PostSubject: Re: 2" Receiver Hitch Wanted   2" Receiver Hitch Wanted Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 6:14 am

I think the end where the wrap is off is where the waybill was attached. The guy at the counter was doing some grumbling as he was removing the paperwork. Apparently he thought the documents were too firmly affixed.

I'm sure we will enjoy it, and my underpowered SUV will enjoy being relieved of camper pulling duties next summer!

Thanks again, Fred!
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 2" Receiver Hitch Wanted   2" Receiver Hitch Wanted Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 11:46 am

Now what you need is a BBC, BBB or BBO in the engine bay.
Back to top Go down
Dr.Oldsmobile

PostSubject: Re: 2" Receiver Hitch Wanted   2" Receiver Hitch Wanted Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2016 12:19 pm

No BBs here. Just a well built Rocket 350 out of my grandma's 1970 F85...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2" Receiver Hitch Wanted   2" Receiver Hitch Wanted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2" Receiver Hitch Wanted
Page 1 of 1