HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Rear sway bar

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Rear sway bar   Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:13 pm

Not lookin for options. But i saw a late 80s fleetwood owned by lil old lady with a rear bar. Were these the same as later fleetwoods bein on wagon frame? Thought mite be option for wagons.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Rear sway bar   Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:30 pm

No, the 80s RWD Cadillacs are the same 77-96 B/D (and originally called C) bodies, and they share the rear bar geometry with the sedans.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rear sway bar   Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:59 pm

Ok cool. Glad i mentioned it before tryin tell wagon guys to hunt for it
Back to top Go down
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: Rear sway bar   Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:30 am

I can understand the need for a low-dollar rear swaybar option, but for under $300, the Hotchkis 2206R is so easy to install that even I didn't screw it up. I'd rather mow lawns in my spare time to raise that amount of cash, or forego some other necessity, than to lie on my back in the mud in a pick and pull yard, dodging yellowjackets, trying to remove an old bar off a rusty wreck. As much fun as that could be, I just want someone else to experience it.

Heck, if I had sheep, I could pimp them and make that kind of money in a heartbeat in upstate NY. A guy gets lonely up here.
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: Rear sway bar   Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:32 am

I just did the Crown Vic bar on mine, was easy to remove in the junkyard and even got new endlinks with it. I had $40 all in once it was on my wagon. Huge improvement over no sway bar.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Rear sway bar   Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:16 am

dmg4 wrote:
lie on my back in the mud in a pick and pull yard, dodging yellowjackets, trying to remove an old bar off a rusty wreck. .

I like 'yarding' picking small cool stuff,.

but i can definitely say i wouldn't want to go yarding in the yard you are describing,. it's been a hot summer here in ontario,. sure not much mud around,. and the yards i frequent usually put their cars up on old rims so you can lie underneath them,. some folks enjoy the challenge of finding obscure stuff in the yards and using their skills to sometimes mcgyver stuff into place,.
others prefer to buy shiny new stuff and just bolt it on,.

each to their own,.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear sway bar   

Back to top Go down

Rear sway bar
Page 1 of 1