GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Oil pressure sender location(s)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lamune

lamune

Oil pressure sender location(s) Empty
PostSubject: Oil pressure sender location(s)   Oil pressure sender location(s) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2016 10:25 pm

I looked through some archives that JaySS linked to a while ago. According to the archives and what I can see, it looks like the only easily accessible threaded port for an oil pressure sender would be at the LT1 oil filter/cooler adapter. I figured I'd ask in case there's some other usable location. Getting to the backside of the block where the oil pressure switch is isn't very easy and I'd rather just leave that setup alone.
Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

Oil pressure sender location(s) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil pressure sender location(s)   Oil pressure sender location(s) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 4:18 pm

atlantadan wrote:
I used the port above the filter. Easy to do and zero issues.

Thanks, I can't find any alternative to that location. I assume the port's thread is the same as the sender. It's pretty close to the exhaust, which I was a little worried about. Maybe some heat resistant sleeving on the lead would be a good idea.
Back to top Go down

Oil pressure sender location(s)
Page 1 of 1